mini love triangle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand

Jul 12, 2006
Singapore
Hi all,
Today Adelaide (@ South Australia) celebrated vesak day somewhere in the heart of the city (victoria square) and there were these people dressed in "police man" uniforms going around distributing flowers to kids so they can give to their mothers tomorrow :). anyway this boy went up to them and asked for a flower, then he went back to the staging area to show some of his friends.. Personally, I like this picture because of their expressions, the girl smiling while the other guy is sort of frowning.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition/angle?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
nothing much honestly, just happened to be a candid shot..

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
i was shooting the performers until i saw the uniform dressed people distributing flowers to kids.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
i think i focused at the wrong area (the kid's back) instead of the girl's face maybe? (because i panicked to get the shot) :cry:

the setup:
Shutter speed : 1/800
Lens Aperture : F/5.6
Focal Length : 85mm
ISO : 200
Mode : AV
Exposure compensation : 0 step

Honest feedback and suggestions are welcome! thanks in advance for taking the time to view and critique.

Last but not least, happy early mother's day to all mothers!! ;)

Thanks,
Hansen NG

Not very good in photography myself, but here's what i feel:

Perhaps you could move more to the right so you can have the girls face without it being block by the boy on the right, and by moving more to the right you might be able to include the boy face on the right. Could have went nearer or zoom in more on their face so the frame will not have too much distracting background such as the tree in the center.

Nice caption which suits the situation with a boy showing up with flowers and the other boy having an unhappy face. :thumbsup:

Just a snapshot

well..i think it's more than juz a snapshot la.. it shows a bit of composition.. but it wasn't executed that well. the BG is far too clear and focused. plus it's quite cluttered and distracts the viewer.
what are u trying to capture? can't realli see a theme or focal point in ur picture. ur title: 'mini love triangle' is juz made up after viewing the pic rite? :p

I think the background of the building behind is unnecessary. Maybe, it would be nice if you zoomed in a bit.

It seems that there's not much expression on the face of the boy on the right. Or if there's an expression, then I can't figure out what it is - considering that your title is "LOVE triangle".

Second, it would be nice if the face of the girl was fully visible, not blocked by a boy with flowers.

Not very good in photography myself, but here's what i feel:

Perhaps you could move more to the right so you can have the girls face without it being block by the boy on the right, and by moving more to the right you might be able to include the boy face on the right. Could have went nearer or zoom in more on their face so the frame will not have too much distracting background such as the tree in the center.

Nice caption which suits the situation with a boy showing up with flowers and the other boy having an unhappy face. :thumbsup:

yup will take note of that thanks! and the premises was mostly surrounded by construction and tents.. :bsmilie:

well..i think it's more than juz a snapshot la.. it shows a bit of composition.. but it wasn't executed that well. the BG is far too clear and focused. plus it's quite cluttered and distracts the viewer.
what are u trying to capture? can't realli see a theme or focal point in ur picture. ur title: 'mini love triangle' is juz made up after viewing the pic rite? :p

yah its just a snapshot. umm i was trying to capture the moment when the boy gives the little girl the flower.. but he didnt :sweat: thanks for ur views.

I think the background of the building behind is unnecessary. Maybe, it would be nice if you zoomed in a bit.

yup noted! thanks ;)

It seems that there's not much expression on the face of the boy on the right. Or if there's an expression, then I can't figure out what it is - considering that your title is "LOVE triangle".

Second, it would be nice if the face of the girl was fully visible, not blocked by a boy with flowers.

hmm maybe the kid was squinting because of the glaring sun rather than what i think it is. :confused: and ill take note of obstructions in future.. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.