Mini Flash in OM-D not working

macmac

Jun 9, 2013
Singapore
Hi Guys,

Good day. I recently bought (about 1 week ago) an Olympus EM-5. I tried the camera for sometime now.

But I haven't tested the mini flash since I bought it. Last night, I've been trying the mini flash included and seems not working or atleast I could not make it work.

I have tried switching in different modes and even set the dial mode to Program and Scene (tried the night portrait) but the flash won't shoot.

Does somebody experienced this? I'm a newbie in photography and appreciate your help and advise on how can I make the flash work.

Thanks a lot! :)

Did you pull up the flash?

Yup, I pull up the flash.. When I'm half pressing the shutter button, I can see that the flash icon is blinking, but flash isn't working.

I haven't touched any of the flash setting. Any recommendation on how to test this flash is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks! :)

Last edited:
Pay a visit to Service Center and let them check. But first you could check with the manual, they usually include a basic troubleshooting guideline.
Last but not least, there is an Olympus equipment section here where the chances for answers or solutions are higher than here in the common section for everything.

Last edited:
Set the flash mode to fill flash and try again?

send it in to Service Center

Olympus Imaging Singapore
491B River Valley Road
#13-03 Valley Point Office Tower
Singapore 248373

Mondays to Fridays: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm (Open during Lunch hours) Saturdays : 11:00 am - 2:30 pm Sundays and Public Holidays Closed
How to Get There:

1. Nearest MRT Station: EW17 Tiong Bahru
Bus number 32 at Bus Stop No. 10179

Walk approximately 5-10 minutes from Tiong Bahru MRT Station to the SEAB Tiong Bahru Examinations Centre next to Tiong Bahru Park and board bus number 32 at Bus Stop No.10179. Alight at the next bus Stop immediately after Esso Petrol Station.

2. Nearest MRT Station: EW18 Redhill
Bus number 32 at Bus Stop No.10209

Walk approximately 3-5 minutes from Redhill MRT Station, Exit A to the bus stop on the same side of the train station and board bus number 32 at Bus Stop No.10209. Alight at the 5th Stop immediately after Esso petrol Station, Bus Stop No.13051.

3. Nearest MRT Station: NS22 Orchard
Bus number 65 or 14 at Bus Stop No.09022

Walk approximately 5-10 minutes from Orchard MRT Station, Exit B to the Orchard Boulevard and board bus number 65 or 14 at Bus Stop No.09022. Alight at the 4th stop immediately after Valley Park Condominium, Bus Stop No. 13059.

4. Nearest MRT Station: NS24 Dhoby Ghaut
Bus number 14 or 65 at Bus Stop No.08031

Walk approximately 5-10 minutes from Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station to Park Mall (bus stop opposite Park Mall) and board bus number 14 or 65 at Bus Stop No. 08031. Alight at the 7th immediately after Valley Park Condominium, Bus Stop 13059