Min Shutter Speed with Monopod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kong

Oct 5, 2007
Eastland
Hi, Looking to buy a Monopod. Just wondering what is the Minimum Shutter Speed you are able to go using a Monopod ( with or without VR ) with D300 or D3? Thanks.

Hi, Looking to buy a Monopod. Just wondering what is the Minimum Shutter Speed you are able to go using a Monopod ( with or without VR ) with D300 or D3? Thanks.

Depends on how well u can hold it...

With VR would be better of course...

Depends on how well u can hold it...

With VR would be better of course...

Also depends on the focal length in use.

Can try going out for a few shootings and check the results. Even normal handholding speed depends greatly on the individual. Some hardcore coffee addict like me need to change the 1/focal length formula to 1/(focal length * no. of cups of coffee today).

Well, focal length matters here as well... I don't have a D3 or D300, but the slowest I got with a monopod at 300mm was 1sec.

Well, focal length matters here as well... I don't have a D3 or D300, but the slowest I got with a monopod at 300mm was 1sec.

Hi Rashkae, The 1 sec Speed quoted was on the Sony A700 with the Steady Shot right?

sometime you have to think out of the box. I use a monopod and I can get as much as 30 seconds if I want too. It is all about technique sometimes. If for example you are shooting near a low grill fence or some structure afix to the ground or not movable platform, just by placing your monpod next to one and use your hand to hold them together, or I could be pressing my monopod against a low wall or anything and I could end up getting alot more stablity out of that monpod for a steady long exposure shot. One second and beyond is easily possible in that case.

Just holding on to the monopod and standing there to shoot...one second or there about is still possible. Again it is all about technique and practice.

sometime you have to think out of the box. I use a monopod and I can get as much as 30 seconds if I want too. It is all about technique sometimes. If for example you are shooting near a low grill fence or some structure afix to the ground or not movable platform, just by placing your monpod next to one and use your hand to hold them together, or I could be pressing my monopod against a low wall or anything and I could end up getting alot more stablity out of that monpod for a steady long exposure shot. One second and beyond is easily possible in that case.

Just holding on to the monopod and standing there to shoot...one second or there about is still possible. Again it is all about technique and practice.

good reply.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.