Min. Batteries NiMH 2150mah for Canon A75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmlim77

Oct 12, 2004
Singapore
I just bought a canon A75 few days ago. I noticed it notes min.2150mah for NiNH batteries when I read from the manual for A75??? Can I still use 2100mah? coz I just bought Energizer batteries 2100 if not then it will be wasted.

How long is the hours difference if I use 2100 and 2300 for A75?

Can someone advise please... :confused:

can lah.

im using sanyo 2100mAh for my a80.

got myself the sanyo 2500mAh......haven try out though

Thanks!!

But 2100mah can last for how long and compare to 2300 mah?

I used a set of GP 1600 batts and it just doesn't seem to die. :)

Which brand is better? how is the performance of Sony or Energizer or GP?

Can my 2100mAh charger charge for other brand? or can I use difference brand fast charger to charge my 2100mAh?

Can 2300 charge on my charger which come with 2100mAh? coz Energizer website don't have mention it...

go sanyo go~

ur current charger can charge other batteries of other brands.
applies the same to the different brand fast charger question.

i suppose u mean using 2100mAh charger to charge 2300mAh batt?
yah...can...only catch is it takes longer to full charge.

My charger is a very lousy charger come with Energizer 2100mAh. This "compact charger" need to be charged 15 hrs for 4 AA size batt. (nightmare). Highly NOT recomended.

Other than that, the price is very expensive compare to GP and Sony. Just 4 x 2100mAh costed SGD 34. Currently GP offer 4 x 2100mAh at SGD16.90 only. Sony 4 x 2300mAh only SGD 22, if with charger (less than 5hrs charging time) only SGD 49.

How much is Sanyo???

Any one can advise where can buy better "charger only" ? SLS? what brand is good? any charge come with discharge function?

kmlim77 said:
Any one can advise where can buy better "charger only" ? SLS? what brand is good? any charge come with discharge function?

get sanyo quick charger or sony quick charger with batteries.

Than post here to sell away the brand new batteries if you don't need it.

kmlim77 said:
eastgear in peninsular plaza

ohh.. thanks!!!

Cheng Wei: So can you recomend any good charger? Just charger only... But I also heard there are some chargers selling at SLS with LCD display charging status of batteries.

Also, NIMH battery don't need to discharge before charge?

kmlim77 said:
ohh.. thanks!!!

Cheng Wei: So can you recomend any good charger? Just charger only... But I also heard there are some chargers selling at SLS with LCD display charging status of batteries.

Also, NIMH battery don't need to discharge before charge?

ehhh...im not sure what charger is good though.
using the bundled sanyo quick charger to charge my batts

hmm...heard Maha charger is good
maybe u wanna take a look?
http://www.eastgear.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=37_38&products_id=30

if im not wrong, its better to discharge first...but my charger dun have discharge function...and i dun really bother too. ;p

i left my 2300 sanyo refresh charger with 4 batteries in bangkok hotel on the last day departure... so sad leh... wasted.... some more new one... plug to the socket at one corner, and then overlook..
now i am going to buy a new charger, i bought mine at $45. Now they have 2500mh isit? good anot?

Thanks everyone!! Your comments is appreciated.

I will go and find out more at EastGear and SLS. :cool:

Finally, I bought a sanyo Refresh quick charger. It is small and charging time is around 230 mins for 3-4 2300mAh batt. It is good charger but if I recomend then I will go for Sony one (Just pay more 3 dollars, if you bought it at SLS 3rd level, the Sony shop).. The reasons are..

1. The Sanyo charger charging time is slightly better than Sony about 20 mins diff. But the refresh time for Sanyo is 7.5hrs and Sony one is 4.5hrs only.

2. Sanyo charger only able to charge 2 AAA size batt. but Sony one able to charge 4 AAA batt with any positions.

3. The worse thing for my Sanyo charger is the adapter is attached to charger (It's good that you don't need to bring along the cable.) but the type is not the standard type. It will require to buy a "multiple socket adapter" separately.

4. With adapter attached, you will have inconvenience when you charge at the socket where it placed.

However, if you still want to go for Sanyo. Then go for East gear, bcoz SLS price is same and most are higher. Hope my comments is helpful for any one need to buy charger with batt AA or AAA. :cool:

kmlim77 said:

Hi kmlim 77,
I don't know if this is available where you are, but one that I am using at present is a PowerCell PCA1270. It is fast charge with discharge function, also Delta V control. I use about 4 different brands of batteries and it works fine with all. Never used to like PowerCell but this one is OK. ;)

You can use any size of Nimh you want. I use 1200mah up to 2200mh no problem.

Just remember, new batteries take about 3 or 4 charge/discharge cycles to reach full capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.