min 10 posts before can post in BS forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaam

Aug 29, 2004
West
naturespies.blogspot.com
Hmmm
have been noticing alot of ppl posting their 'virgin' post in BS forum or advertising their wares
is the forum software tweakable to prevent this?

I personally would be wary of buying from a very new member.
but what about the rest?

Actually, your suggestion doesn't seem to be a bad idea. I've noticed a number of very new members crashing other CSers B&S threads ...

How abt min 50 posts? That means a new member has to become a member before posting in B&S?

But, that may mean that "business" in B&S may suffer?

Alternatively, CSers can make it a habit to provide alternative contacts on their B&S threads so that one-off buyers who do not want to sign up for membership can contact them thru HP, email etc.

A min 50 posts before being able to post in B&S may deter potential "crashers".

Just my opinion :)

I agree to your suggestion. :thumbsup:

The post count in CS is not really useful, accept just as a sign on how active one is. Maybe it should be used as a control in the B&S as well. Notice that there are many 'virgin' post in B&S is just for crashing other's sales thread or just to sell something and disappear into thin air. :(

50 or even 100 posts before one can enter to post in the B&S/Consumer is a good idea.

Haizz it will affect ppl like me who keeps reading and one day need to sell something again

sykestang said:
I agree to your suggestion. :thumbsup:

The post count in CS is not really useful, accept just as a sign on how active one is. Maybe it should be used as a control in the B&S as well. Notice that there are many 'virgin' post in B&S is just for crashing other's sales thread or just to sell something and disappear into thin air. :(

50 or even 100 posts before one can enter to post in the B&S/Consumer is a good idea.

I totally agree with Sykes. Recently there are a lot of new members who signup with Clubsnap just to offload their equipment because posting in the forum is free which is unlike eBay whereby they charge a small sum for advertising. After that, they just disappear.

However, I do foresee a problem if we set the 50 or 100 posts limit before New Members can enter to post in the B&S/Consumer as they will just post threads for the sake of posting just to increase their post count.

I think that this is a very challenging situation for the Administrators and Moderators, so I think we need to really think through and review this. Thank you.

good idea,i fully support.:thumbsup:

Yeah, good suggestion. Let's do this please, mods/admins.

but please take into account that not everyone like to post, a lot of people or lurker like to read only and rarely post, and quite many of them are good buyers/sellers.

This may discriminated them,or either increase non-sense posting just to hit the target post counts (though quite some non-sense posting in forum already, me as guilty :sweat: ) or driven (new to CS) people to other forums/way of selling.

One of the main attraction for joining CS is because the B&S is really :thumbsup: place to B&S.

If 10 posts is required, maybe we will see increase non-sense posts just to increase the post count. But if we require 300, then it becomes really difficult for even the geniue BS CSers.

The truth lies somewhere between...

Why not have the stipulation only for the starting of threads, if it were possible? If I were someone interested in picking up photography, and came to the B/S forums only to be not allowed to purchase a camera because of the post count, it would be rather sad yeah?

And I came here first, because I was someone interested in picking up photography, and was recommended the forums as a source of reliable sellers. =)

In my opinion, pros and cons as many have suggested above.

If a min limit is set, you might see more junk and crap on the forum. Also, some of the new users may feel discouraged by the ruling and not nother to come back ever again.

With regards to thread crashing, I can only shake my head in sadness that such things do happen and nothing much can be done other than to moderate and remove such posts. It also shows that some people have not bothered to read the T&Cs of the BS area or simply do not give a damn...

So personally, I don't think this is a good idea.

Another thing to ponder... What makes you think a CS 'virgin' seller is a lousy/dishonest seller?

podeam said:
Why not have the stipulation only for the starting of threads, if it were possible? If I were someone interested in picking up photography, and came to the B/S forums only to be not allowed to purchase a camera because of the post count, it would be rather sad yeah?

As I mentioned in my earlier post, new members can still purchase the items by contacting the seller via HP, email, PMs etc.

The min 50/100 that we suggested is basically to deter thread crashers and, to a limited extent, questionable sellers.

Let me give u an example of a thread crasher who crashed nature's thread:

nature's B&S thread

U can scroll down to posts #75/76 ... This is the kind of behaviour I was referring to ...

another dubious post
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1786990#post1786990

I dunno if it was me i wld be wary of such a job.. person's a virgin poster only left an email contact and money is etransferred. IT MIGHT REALLY BE A LEGIT JOB AND HONEST DEALER. But you never know you see?
if i was a newbie i think I would go for such a job but after reading abt some jobs in CS that had the buyer 'steal' the images and even threatened to call the police to chase her away.. I wld be wary lor.
so my idea was to protect the newbie rather than to discourage him/her

10 posts i think is a good start before raising the bar to 50
so if the person really register a new nick he/she has to post ten nonsense post before he can. ten nonsense posts would not be too much jamming but it would serve as a small detterrent to tell them we mean business and want to keep this as a community and not a place to find robert heads to rip off.
if it was me i would rather post using my current nick and risk my name going bad for a deal that didn't go well( honesty's the best policy)

So new forumer can only buy but cannot sell? :dunno:

We old forumer can lose out a lot of good/bad deal then :think:

Any newly registered can post (or thread crush)in B&S anyway, doesn't matter he/she must reach 10 or 50 post counts.

Might as well limit a new forumer must wait for 3 days after registration then can post in B&S, where as they can only deal by PM. :dunno:

But this will have problem on those asking for transparent bidding, and discourage WTS new forumer :think:

slaam said:
another dubious post
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1786990#post1786990

I dunno if it was me i wld be wary of such a job.. person's a virgin poster only left an email contact and money is etransferred. IT MIGHT REALLY BE A LEGIT JOB AND HONEST DEALER. But you never know you see?
if i was a newbie i think I would go for such a job but after reading abt some jobs in CS that had the buyer 'steal' the images and even threatened to call the police to chase her away.. I wld be wary lor.
so my idea was to protect the newbie rather than to discourage him/her

10 posts i think is a good start before raising the bar to 50
so if the person really register a new nick he/she has to post ten nonsense post before he can. ten nonsense posts would not be too much jamming but it would serve as a small detterrent to tell them we mean business and want to keep this as a community and not a place to find robert heads to rip off.
if it was me i would rather post using my current nick and risk my name going bad for a deal that didn't go well( honesty's the best policy)
But the post u referred to is in Kopitiam, not B&S ... I think this kind of post cannot be prevented liao ... It's up to the mods to remove if they think it's inappropriate, or CSers will have to use their own discernment ...

wat is BS???? pm me...

Status
Not open for further replies.