Military Discussion thread closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Oct 6, 2005
Hougang
Posting Guidelines for Kopitiam sub-forum

* While the Kopitiam sub-forum is not actively moderated, members can be assured that moderators are watching like hawks waiting for prey. Posts/threads which violate ClubSNAP's basic tenets (Click HERE! - for those who didn't memorise upon registering) will be deleted without hesitation or explanation.
* In addition to the basic tenets, although Kopitiam is meant as a catch-all area for things not related to photography, posts/threads which are:
1. religious,
2. political,
3. racist;
in nature or can be construed as such will also be removed without prejudice.

Contributed by Darren Lau.

Base on the above quote, did the thread violate any guideline?

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=172121

It just a group of clubsnapper having some discussion only. :confused:
Have I misread something in the guideline? :think:

Yes the thread was closed even tho it did not violate the guideline.

The reason for mi closing the thread is simple and i did mentioned in the closed thread. Also when King Tiger (Sorry King Tiger.. I know you took a lot to come up with that) started threads of the military natures, it started off with just a few simple one and slowly it went deeper and deeper. But if I let that thread go on, who knows what other stuff there may be. I dun wan to see kopitiam becoming a Warzone.

Ola, I hope I have clarified why that thread was closed.

I am moving this thread to Feedback forum and this is the appropriate forum for this type of post.

I will review the nature of the closed thread. I will give a reply by tonite.

Bluestrike said:
Yes the thread was closed even tho it did not violate the guideline.

If it didn't violate any rule or guideline, why was it closed? As long as it's in Kopitiam, should be alright, right?

:dunno:

From CS's T&C:

"While we cannot monitor all the postings in the chat rooms, forums, photo galleries and other public areas, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to delete, move, or edit any postings that come to our attention that we consider unacceptable or inappropriate, or for any other other reasons, which we need not disclose, and which need not be reasonable. We will comply with the requirements of the law regarding disclosure of information transmitted via our site to others, including law enforcement agencies."

(colour added for emphasis)

Jason Ho said:
I am moving this thread to Feedback forum and this is the appropriate forum for this type of post.

I will review the nature of the closed thread. I will give a reply by tonite.

Hi Jason,

Any update on the investigation?

I don't know if I should post this, but I find that the decision to close the thread was a surprise and rude shock to me (even though I am not the threadstarter) because this thread is simply a coffeeshop talk about some military history. I do not see any violation of the thread with the Kopitiam Guidelines/Rules and Regulations.

All these while, I have been supportive of the Administrators and Moderators decision in implementing the guidelines for maintaining the well-being and pleasant user's experience. Pardon me, but this time, I find that the move to closed the thread and warn of “further threads of such nature closed without any further notices” is uncalled for.

I have no means or intentions of disrespecting the guidelines or rules and regulations as set down in Clubsnap. Whatever is the decision or outcome of the investigation, may it be as I am just trying to air my view and feeling on this whole issue.

Pardon me but I am someone who is straight with my words and will not take things lying down. If I have offended anyone in this thread or in any way, then I truly and sincerely apologize. Good day.

Regards
Francis

i think there was enough prior notice that KT was intending something big with an earlier thread of his. Would it have been a better move to have sent a PM to KT advising not to start a thread discussing military nature instead of closing it down when some of us had already started replying it?

cheers.

Dear Administrators and Moderators

I apologise if I have cause any inconvenience / or confusion to you all.

My intention was purely military discussion, as I seen there are a few CSers who are interested in military topics.
Hence, decide to post thread to chit chat about it and share among the enthusiast CSers here.

But regardless of any matters, I respect Admin and Mod's decision, as it is important for you all to maintain a good and healthy forum here.

It is not an easy task for Admin and Mod to moderate and maintain an active forum especially like Clubsnap.

Best Rgds
KT

I have reviewed the thread and I must say that it was attracting good discussion. When I look deeper into it, its a good Kopitiam discussion thread to me. And I must say its one of the "better quality" non-photography thread around. In fact, I couldnt help to also cast my vote on it while reviewing the thread ;)

It was a wrong judgement call for the closure of the thread and I have reopened it for further discussion.

I hereby apologise for the closure of the thread and my delay in handling this issue.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for looking into this matter and reopening this thread for discussion. I will like to express my heartfelt gratitude of thanks to the administrators and moderators for lending a listening ear to the requests of other users. In any case, I will still respect the decision as made by the moderators. Thank you all. Good day.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.