Military Discussion : Battle of Moscow (Operation Typhoon 1941)

Will Russia surrender / sue for peace with Germany if Moscow is capture

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germans had Guderian. World class armour warfare Marshal.
And a clown called Hitler who interfered.

Russians had winter, large land mass, defense in depth,
luring Germans into minefields, killing zones. 1000s of mortars.

Attacking Russia was stupid and not necessary.
Attack it and Russians will unite and galvanise against you. And fight you to the death.

See Ronald Reagan?
He was far superior to Napoleon or Hitler.
He could convince USSR to glastnost, perestroika and break up on its own; all without firing a single shot.

Truly a superior foe who as Sun Tzu said, can win without fighting. :)

ricohflex said:
Truly a superior foe who as Sun Tzu said, can win without fighting. :)

Well said. :thumbsup:

According to Sun Tzi : Always attack the enemy's strategy first and put attacking the walled cities as a last resort.

If you attack your enemy's strategy, they will be in no position to fight but to surrender as continue fighting will suffer heavy losses. It is better to win a war without fighting one, attacking the walled cities will put casualties on both sides which is look upon as the last resort. Just imagine the time, wealth and energy needed to support a war is tremendous which will dry the coffers and with bodies mounting and spirit tormented.

To which, I personally believe that it was the poor timing/planning on the German side, weather, and other conditions that caused the Germans strategy to crumple. Besides, Russia has a large land mass (Terrain) in which if the Germans are to push on and penetrate further into the land, they must know how To Keep Vital (supplies, ammos, medical and etc) Open so that it can reach those at the frontline, but it seems all these are lacking.

this whole string of threads is so interesting.
thanks for all the bros who contributed.

jude

tsdh said:
T-34/85
I built a model of it (1:35 scale), these are the photos:
IMG_0726bwa.jpg

IMG_0729a.jpg

IMG_0725bwa.jpg

woa your tank model very nice is it snap together one or use glue?
where you bought your model from?
sorry to OT again.

Simon_84 said:
woa your tank model very nice is it snap together one or use glue?
Cannot use glue. :nono:

Zplus said:
tsdh, lovely model.... is it a Tamiya?
Not a Tamiya for sure.

Spectrum said:
Looks like other brand rather than Tamiya.
Agree, but definetely not Hasegawa or Banzai. :cool:

OT a bit.
I also got a super large military model (1.6m Battleship Yamato), but it is incomplete due to no time to finish as there are hundreds of parts (actually regret buying) and it also require lots of patience.

Will try to post some photo at later stage.

Hi King Tiger,

Don't mind me asking, any new ops order? The discussion is getting interesting as we gather the views from historical and techniques stand-point, sure do is enriching. ;)

sorry got to OT again :embrass:
so if the model i assume is a snaptile then any idea where i can get a model like this?
recently i been thinking of getting die cast models but none of them with a size like the tank posted more ever i not sure if the tank threads can move or not.
would like to see some pictures of any sherman/firefly/tiger/king tiger/panther plastic models tanks.

Francis247 said:
Hi King Tiger,

Don't mind me asking, any new ops order? The discussion is getting interesting as we gather the views from historical and techniques stand-point, sure do is enriching. ;)

Hi Francis247, yes, there is one more ops order coming out.

And confirm more interesting and more difficult to determine the result, it will make everyone of us ponder, do some reading before posting.

Stay tune this weekend as I finalise all the details. ;)

Simon_84 said:
sorry got to OT again :embrass:
so if the model i assume is a snaptile then any idea where i can get a model like this?
recently i been thinking of getting die cast models but none of them with a size like the tank posted more ever i not sure if the tank threads can move or not.
would like to see some pictures of any sherman/firefly/tiger/king tiger/panther plastic models tanks.

Hi Simon_84, there are shops selling at Boat Quay

I will start a new thread of modelling hobbyist when I get my photo ready for Battleship Yamato. :)
Stay tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.