Midnight at the Changi Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

rty

Staff member
Jan 19, 2002
Singapore
Went to Changi Beach last night to shoot "anything that moves" but ended up shooting these ultra low light scenes instead.

IMG_2435a.jpg

This is the sandy beach overlooking Pulau Ubin. It looked deserted but actually there were people around, camping, fishing, including couples spending intimate moments together. The pictures were taken around 9-10PM. Alright, I lied. I added the word "midnight" to the subject to make it sound more interesting.
:)

IMG_2416a.jpg

As a newbie, I find taking ultra low light scenes frustating. Although the pictures may look good on the camera preview screen, I often find that they look horrible when viewed in their actual size. Out of 60+ shots I took, only 3-4 shots are decent (according to the amateur standard, of course)

here are mine ...

the images appear darker from the PC compare to the LCD ...

changi_01.jpg

changi_02.jpg

u went changi alone at night?

what kind of "moving thing" u want to capture?

btw, i like the boat picture

the lighting effect is very specail...dunno why

was there a plane flying at the back? or dead pixel?
:dent:

can show us the setting u used too?

"Moving things" = People in motion. Unfortunately, there were not many people walking around last night.

The white streak, I am sure, was an airplane since it appeared both in my picture and Megaweb's one.

For the boat photo, I used ISO100, F5.6 and shutter speed of 8 seconds, and 30 seconds for the sandy beach.

Last but not least, I would strongly advise anyone against taking pictures of "ah kuas" there unless you have a powerful night vision camera with zoom lens like 600mm or so. Going closer to take their picture can be hazardous to your own health. :devil:

They'll be more people if you stay after 11pm.
And the bapohs only come out after 10pm and later.

I believe they dun mind posing for u if you ask them ;)

Originally posted by Shadus
They'll be more people if you stay after 11pm.
And the bapohs only come out after 10pm and later.

I believe they dun mind posing for u if you ask them ;)

oso, a free screw?

Originally posted by rty

Last but not least, I would strongly advise anyone against taking pictures of "ah kuas" there unless you have a powerful night vision camera with zoom lens like 600mm or so. Going closer to take their picture can be hazardous to your own health. :devil:

F707 with TC with night shoot mode on....

Some of you guys seem to be more interested in "Ah Kuas" than in the photography.
:dunno:

Bluestrike, I hope you mean screws like the ones you can buy in the hardware stores, otherwise the moderators of this forum will have to remove your post.
:devil:

Originally posted by rty

Bluestrike, I hope you mean screws like the ones you can buy in the hardware stores, otherwise the moderators of this forum will have to remove your post.
:devil:

sound like u are going to ban him too??

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.