Mid-Autumn Festival at the Singapore Chinese Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

owenhg

Aug 22, 2007
Mid-Autumn Festival at the Singapore Chinese Gardens
Aiming to enter the Singapore Book of Records, 45 professional lantern makers from China have been brought in, to create the 5000 lanterns that will be used for 23 marine displays for Mid-Autumn Festival, to create the theme of “Magical Ocean”. Also, look out for the 100 metre long festival centrepiece, titled “Ocean Party”.

In addition, there will be performances by the renowned Sichuan Acrobat Troupe and 100.3FM Deejays. Fireworks will also be launched on 6 selected days of the festival.

Date: 5-30 September 2007
Time: 9am till midnight, with activities starting from 5 pm daily
Ticket Prices: S$12 - Adult, S$8 - Child
Freebies: Free lanterns for all ticket holders and free mooncakes for 1st 500 from 5.30pm onwards
Lucky Draw: Two lucky festival goers will win two cars, a Geely and Dong Fang Star MPV

thanks.. good place to bring family for a walk..:) and shoot photos

wah lau.. last one still have not post yet... this one come already.:confused:

Amended some details in the new thread.. So that there is no confusion... I will c u peeps there!!! Gd luck in winning a car!!! :)

Yes, this is the reason why had to pay $5 to enter Chinese Gardens yesterday hahaha.

Btw, you need to pay $5 to enter Chinese Gardens right now up till the Festival I think, they have closed the gardens for "renovations" why I do not know - to me it has always been an excuse to collect money. The idea is that the gardens are closed, but oooh the Tortoise Museum is open so if you want to go in you give the Tortoise Museum business. =)

Good. I'll hire a model to go there and shoot the mid-autumn theme. :)

Good. I'll hire a model to go there and shoot the mid-autumn theme. :)

Great!!! There would be nice pictures to be taken... I took some... But dunno how to upload... haha! Hope to see you peeps there!!!;)

excited to go!!! thx, for e info...

U wld be more excited to see fireworks on the 5th, 25th and every saturday within the fest... Rem to come down on the 5th which is the opening ceremony!!!:D

Hi All,

Any idea what time will the fireworks be on? any other important information?

Ok, someone told me liao - Fireworks 10pm

Cheers

SS

i heard from radio 100.3 fireworks is on 9pm tomorrow leh..:dunno:
tomorrow? 7th month still haven't end yet leh...:bsmilie::bsmilie:

anyone knows where they launching from?
and big or small fireworks? how long?:)

thks

Status
Not open for further replies.