Microsoft RAW Image Thumbnailer and Viewer for Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the RAW (NEF) file be displayed in preview mode (i.e. preview mode in WIN XP)? I can only view mine in thumbnail mode and there's also no slideshow function. Anyone can help?

dwled and installed. works fine. now can see raw files using thumbnails and preview already.

kloud said:
Can the RAW (NEF) file be displayed in preview mode (i.e. preview mode in WIN XP)? I can only view mine in thumbnail mode and there's also no slideshow function. Anyone can help?

You'll have to double click the .NEF file to go into preview mode in Microsoft RAW Image Viewer (MSRIV). If double clicking doesn't put you inside MSRIV, go to your TOOLS>FOLDER OPTIONS>FILE TYPE, scroll until you see NEF file type and change the app to open with MSRIV.

Only when you are inside MSRIV can you start the slideshow. Click on the slideshow icon (or press F11) at the bottom. You cannot use the Win XP "View As A Slide Show" on the left.

Ifanview also does this, and it isnt a 50mb download, this should be nice for those of you (if anyone still does :bsmilie: ) have dial up.

Status
Not open for further replies.