Microsoft ClubSNAP Photo Enthusiasts Event - March 1 2007 - Follow Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elw00d

Jan 15, 2007
Singapore - Balestier Rd
Hi all

Nic here from Microsoft (your host from tonight)

Thank you all very much for attending this evenings session. I hope you enjoyed yourselves, learnt something new and came away interested in (and hopefully really excited about) Windows Vista.

Congratulations to leejay for winning the copy of Windows Vista Ultimate and congratulations to all the USB memory key and Xbox 360 games winners as well. :)

Please use this thread to give your summary or thoughts from this evenings event. I'd also love to hear your ideas for future Microsoft ClubSNAP meet ups or to ask additional questions that we weren't able to cover tonight.

I'd also love to see your photos from the meet - could you post them here or provide links to your flickr/hosting accounts?

A HUGE thank you to Darren for arranging the meetup - Hopefully next time he'll be able to attend in person :)

And for those of you who are interested please check out the PhotoSynth tech preview at this link: http://labs.live.com/photosynth/

Cheers all

Nic

PhotoSynth's cool. :thumbsup:

Hope it will develop into a proper product someday.

I don't know how useful will be my suggestion, if it's it gonna be web based, maybe have something like google earth applet for local PC to take up some processing cycles required.

*edit* oops... looks like it already requires local installation.

next time pls also include a xbox 360 ;)(wait kena banned in future..hehe)

Well, I already like Vista before going for the event tonight, after the event, I am now motivate to get a copy "asking my school" for me to try. As I am managing close to 15,000 pics yearly, I think the TAGging function will really help when some one comes to me and say "Do you have any nice shots of the principal?"

As for Nic, you are a cool guy....welcome to the world of photography.....but WARNING "Your bonus may never stay in your saving account for long!" And your girlfriend may protest against you for having gf no. 2!!

Love the Vista...It will be very useful for Novice like me ...
envy envy LeeJay...:angel:

Host is great.. Thank you, Nic...! :thumbsup:

yeah... love the tagging function.

Anyway, this is what I shot today. MS Sg view, inside and out. No editing of pic.

IMG_9029.jpg

The power of 12mm on a Canon 5D...;p .

Much thanks to Nic for my 1st insight into the world of Vista. Waiting for my upgrade disc from Dell. 3 cheers to MS for making the effort to engage the small community of Clubsnap user

yeah... love the tagging function.

Anyway, this is what I shot today. MS Sg view, inside and out. No editing of pic.

IMG_9029.jpg

The power of 12mm on a Canon 5D...;p .

CREATIVE MIND!!

Wow, thanks so much to Nic. :thumbsup: Vista is so impressive!

Nice to meet everybody! ;p

Wow, thanks so much to Nic. :thumbsup: Vista is so impressive!

Nice to meet everybody! ;p

It'll be more impressive after you installed your copy. ;) :bsmilie:

It'll be more impressive after you installed your copy. ;) :bsmilie:

Heheh ^_^

My computer is not up to the standard for Vista yet. Have to upgrade~ :cool:

Nic, did learn more about what are the new improvement on Window Vista.

yup.. luv the slideshow's pan/zoom.

ummm, didn't catch which version got it tho. I only heard premium and ultimate got most of the functions.. what about the slideshow and tagging functions?:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.