Microsoft Announces End of Sales for Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Window 7 should be out as soon as year end if not early next I read some prediction from the states. The only beta test version which is out now will stop working by 1 August. There will not be any other beta test version release to public. Review on this version is very positive...some say this was how Vista should have been made. I smell alot of similarity with another earlier botched up version that suffered the same fate and also casue a very quick release of the next version. Anyone remembers Windows Millenium? heheheh... Vista has goten better with the service pack and all the other online updates so it is alot better then when it first came out. But if you are using XP and very happy with it... I would advice to stick with it just until next year and jump to windows 7 after say 6 months into it's relaunch to see if there are any major bug fixing to be had?

I still prefer Windows XP Professional over Windows Vista Ultimate

of course. who needs semi transparent window panes.
we just need something that works without hassle.

Vista works without hassle. I don't know what you guys are blabbering about.

I don't know what you guys are blabbering about.

I am using both operating systems currently. For me, I was commenting based on my experience with them.

Two things for sure: Vista takes much longer time to startup, and it is not compatible with many softwares I use (this is the main reason why I still keep an XP operated system).

Last edited:
I don't know why your Vista takes a long time to start up. Mine boots up in just 30 seconds. What softwares are not compatible in Vista btw? I am using the 64bit Ultimate and most, if not all my programs work. If they are not compatible in Vista, you can forget about upgrading to Windows 7.

LAst time Microsoft got longhorn, then change to vista. now window 7 beta .. whats next ? time to trick ppl in changing OS? so far Vista is a crap. nothing but resource hungry software. Hope the new one will be better

LAst time Microsoft got longhorn, then change to vista. now window 7 beta .. whats next ? time to trick ppl in changing OS? so far Vista is a crap. nothing but resource hungry software. Hope the new one will be better
Have you tried Vista before? I see a lot of people try to install Vista on 3 year old machines and expect it to run at lightning speed then complain when things don't work for them. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Vista is actually the official public name for Longhorn. Internally, they used the codename longhorn. I'm sure some people have good experience with Vista while others have had a crappy experience. This is similiar to other OS's, your results and experience will vary. Linux, OSX included.

MS seems to have turned the runaway train around and hopefully, Windows 7 just works.

Vista works without hassle. I don't know what you guys are blabbering about.

U know how much memory it needs to run smoothly? And the power it sucks.......... :thumbsd: for Vista.......... :sticktong

U know how much memory it needs to run smoothly? And the power it sucks.......... :thumbsd: for Vista.......... :sticktong
Err... just 2GB should be more than enough to surf the net, listen to music, do some work... Power? I dunno... I am running on desktop.

How smooth you want? Butter smooth or baby's butt smooth? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

It's ridiculous to expect users to always upgrade their hardware to catchup with the operating system. Stick to winxp till all the bugs get ironed out.

Err... just 2GB should be more than enough to surf the net, listen to music, do some work... Power? I dunno... I am running on desktop.

Maybe there is no problem running on standalone desktop, but we had such a big issue on my company's network server that we have to "upgrade" to XP Prof since all new comps/laptops are preinstalled with Vista........

errmmm...actualli the problem wif Vista is tat it's hard to use resource intensive applications...

my experience is LR...

I kenna Vista BSOD 3 times so far. :(

errmmm...actualli the problem wif Vista is tat it's hard to use resource intensive applications...

my experience is LR...

I kenna Vista BSOD 3 times so far. :(
Maybe your comp needs a hardware upgrade... ;p

I use Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, Acrobat... all at the same time and no BSOD.

It's ridiculous to expect users to always upgrade their hardware to catchup with the operating system. Stick to winxp till all the bugs get ironed out.
How often do you upgrade anyway? I am still using my 3 year old machine running XP just fine. 3 years in computing terms is a looooooong time. Its only recently I started using Vista 64bit on my new hardware which total less than $1.1k. I bought my machine running XP for almost S$2.5K 3 years ago. :bigeyes:

In Vista, I disabled all unnecessary services, drivers and programs and my Vista boots up in just 30 seconds. For hardcore overclockers, 30 secs is long time! I can live with it. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.