Microdrive OK if passed through customs check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fastbreak

Hi, does anyone know if it is ok to pass the microdrive through the xray checking devices or whatever devices they use to screen through luggage? And also those metal detector gates?

I am thinking of getting one, but need to know whether to hand carry it or leave it in the luggage when I travel abroad, thanks!

:)

leave it in your digicam.... and of course, your digicam stays with you/your handcarry luggage ... no problems going thru those devices...

..NuTs..

Originally posted by Fastbreak
Hi, does anyone know if it is ok to pass the microdrive through the xray checking devices or whatever devices they use to screen through luggage? And also those metal detector gates?

I am thinking of getting one, but need to know whether to hand carry it or leave it in the luggage when I travel abroad, thanks!

:)

You should have no problems with either the x-ray machine or the metal detector. Of the two, the metal detector is definitely the greater risk to magnetic media, but apparently people have been doing fine sending their Microdrives through both devices.

On the other hand, I don't know if the Microdrive will set off the metal detector, but that's a different issue. :)

Originally posted by Midnight
You should have no problems with either the x-ray machine or the metal detector. Of the two, the metal detector is definitely the greater risk to magnetic media, but apparently people have been doing fine sending their Microdrives through both devices.

On the other hand, I don't know if the Microdrive will set off the metal detector, but that's a different issue. :)

Most likely. Most harddrives are just metal platters coated with iron oxide. Don't think they have glass substrate microdrives yet. :)

Thanks for the replies! BTW, is 379 a good price to pay for the 1G Microdrive?

Originally posted by Fastbreak
Thanks for the replies! BTW, is 379 a good price to pay for the 1G Microdrive?

sounds cheap! wehre did you get the price? does it come with full warranty?

I got it from Hardware Place, SLS. Yet to check if there is warranty though. Once I get it, I will update :)

Status
Not open for further replies.