michael tapes focustune

subzero

Jun 15, 2003
Central
www.petc.com
Why couldn't manufacturer make the camera perfect and save the trouble of consumer to fine tune the camera for the lens .. anyway Michael tapes will be releasing focustune product which the software supposed to do the calibration instead of using ruler and chart. Hope it works and not too costly.

http://www.tapestalk.com/2012/10/focustune-the-rumors-are-true.html

Used it. Not as accurate as it seems. You got to have very good lighting. Tried it because of the notion of taking the "human" element out of the equation. Still prefer to use LensAlign manually comparing TTL vs Liveview - very accurate.

Cool thanks for the link, will check it out. Any feedback on accuracy of calibration?

Seem like fucustune can be used in conjunction with LensAlign. Read from the website that the software will be launched today on both Window and Mac platform. I may get both for long term use.
Used it. Not as accurate as it seems. You got to have very good lighting. Tried it because of the notion of taking the "human" element out of the equation. Still prefer to use LensAlign manually comparing TTL vs Liveview - very accurate.

Why couldn't manufacturer make the camera perfect and save the trouble of consumer to fine tune the camera for the lens .. anyway Michael tapes will be releasing focustune product which the software supposed to do the calibration instead of using ruler and chart. Hope it works and not too costly.

FocusTune™ - The rumors are true! - Michael Tapes Blog

If camera manufacturers do that for you but need to tag an additional $300 to the camera. Would you be happy?

In the end, many people out there prefer to do their own fine-tune and will not be willing to pay extra money for this feature.

subzero said:
Seem like fucustune can be used in conjunction with LensAlign. Read from the website that the software will be launched today on both Window and Mac platform. I may get both for long term use.

I already have the focus tune software since I am a lens-align customer, got it early w discount ;) However, I have no time to test it at the moment. Not sure how good it is...yet...