Michael S. Yamashita is town recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectrum

Jun 22, 2003
Here
Visit site
Hi All,
Just wonder any of you guys & gals out there heard/know about the American born Japanese is in town recently? Michael S. Yamashita, Senior Photographer of the National Geographic Society, and his new book, Marco Polo: A Photographer's Journey. I think I already miss it! :cry:

Did he showed more of his present work? Cause I did attended to his workshop two years back at the SAFRA Tampines Club. Maybe, you were there too? :) Really miss this apportunity to have his autograph signed. :cry:

Spectrum said:
Did he showed more of his present work? Cause I did attended to his workshop two years back at the SAFRA Tampines Club. Maybe, you were there too? :) Really miss this apportunity to have his autograph signed. :cry:
Yes I was there when he came two years ago. This time he presented his Marco Polo series, which I remember he presented back then as well. I can't recognize all of them, but there are a few which I saw last year which appeared this year as well. The book is apparently out/will be out soon.

Regards
CK

So, must start searching from Kinokuniya already. And also must check-out the price from amazon.com. If either of us saw this book, please inform(in this site) each other, OK? ;)

ckiang said:
He was here on Monday (9/2/2004). Attended his talk/slide show. :)

Regards
CK

What was the turn out at his talk?

Actually wanted to go but due to last minute distraction had to miss it. I think it's a privilege for us in Singapore to have so many distinctive personalities visiting us so often. We should make it a point not miss them.

Yamashita's works on Marco Polo was actually published in NG in Jan 2001 issue.

But I don't think we can see the rest of his work on Marco Polo NG issues(three books) in 2001. So this new book is a must buy for me. :)

Ansel said:
What was the turn out at his talk?

Actually wanted to go but due to last minute distraction had to miss it. I think it's a privilege for us in Singapore to have so many distinctive personalities visiting us so often. We should make it a point not miss them.

Yamashita's works on Marco Polo was actually published in NG in Jan 2001 issue.
Turn out was good though it's not full house. :) The 2 founders of Objectifs Dawn and Emmeline are also there. Saw Ed9119 there as well.

Regards
CK

Spectrum said:
So, must start searching from Kinokuniya already. And also must check-out the price from amazon.com. If either of us saw this book, please inform(in this site) each other, OK? ;)
Sure! Right after the talk, Red Dawn and I went over to Borders to check, no sign of it there. :(

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.