[miaoteh] Random Landscape / Cityscape

May 5, 2009
Decided to post some of my humble photos over the past few months (and hopefully more shots in the future) here, hope to get more comments for improvement. =)

most (or All ;p) of the angles are not new, inspired by many photos posted here in CS or in Flickr and hence tried to reproduce them / produce my own versions. :D

i will start off with some shots of CBD, C&C are most welcomed. =D​

#1 MBS at dawn

#2 CBD from Esplanade

#3 panorama of CBD at dawn

Last edited:
May 5, 2009
#4 Macritchie Reservoir after sunset

#5 Macritchie Reservoir at a later time of above

#6 Sunset at Lower Pierce Reservoir

Last edited:
May 5, 2009
#8 Kampong Glam

#9 CBD + LV

#10 Big Fat Fish

#11 Bugis at sunset

Last edited:
May 5, 2009

Double rainbow over Jurong East HDBs :)

Another Double rainbow captured from the same location, after exactly one month from the above photo, Blessed. :)

May 5, 2009
#16 Pandan Reservoir

Does this look like a Spider to you? :)

#17 Pandan Reservoir

#18 Time Lapse - First Sunrise of 2012 at Pandan Reservoir
[video=youtube_share;xsYGhaHB3xE]http://youtu.be/xsYGhaHB3xE?hd=1[/video]​

Last edited:
May 5, 2009
#19 Total Lunar Eclipse 10 Dec 2011

not really a landscape shot, but just to share it here :)

stop motion clip of the complete eclipse sequence
[video=youtube_share;R2RIt9KJBjo]http://youtu.be/R2RIt9KJBjo[/video]

Feb 6, 2006
#19 Total Lunar Eclipse 10 Dec 2011

not really a landscape shot, but just to share it here :)

stop motion clip of the complete eclipse sequence
[video=youtube_share;R2RIt9KJBjo]http://youtu.be/R2RIt9KJBjo[/video]
Nice shot there....:)

May 5, 2009
Sharing A few shots from a short trip to Railay (Krabi, Thailand), see full album on my flickr here. :)

Phra Nang Beach

Railay West Beach

a 12 seconds exposure, was quite lucky that the couple "maintained" at this position for that long! =P

a gloomy sunrise at Railay East Beach, that's the kind of weather for the majority period of my stay there.

May 5, 2009
Another 2 shots that i took recently

Singapore River

A Blue Fullerton

ondoy

Apr 26, 2011
nice pics...
did you do any post processing ?

May 5, 2009
nice pics...
did you do any post processing ?
thanks for the comment! any photo in particular? i always shoot in RAW, and adjust the WB, exposure and crop etc in post, but will try to keep those to minimal and try to get as many things correct as possible at the point of shooting, but of cause for those panorama shots i need to stitch them in software. :)

I like this, perhaps you could consider cropping the buildilng on the right out.
thanks for dropping by! :) this photo actually took me quite some time to decide how to crop, i just took a second look on this and cropped away the building on the right, and a bit of bottom and left, i feel that the right side is a bit too tight, i think that was why i decided to leave the building there, what do you think? :)

edutilos-

Dec 28, 2010
The Universe
www.facebook.com
thanks for dropping by! :) this photo actually took me quite some time to decide how to crop, i just took a second look on this and cropped away the building on the right, and a bit of bottom and left, i feel that the right side is a bit too tight, i think that was why i decided to leave the building there, what do you think? :)
I think it is better than the last version. Having a slight imbalance in the photo (it doesn't seem that way to me though) is much more preferable for me than having a distraction at the edge.

May 5, 2009
I think it is better than the last version. Having a slight imbalance in the photo (it doesn't seem that way to me though) is much more preferable for me than having a distraction at the edge.
ahh.. i get what you mean, though i still feel the right side is a bit tight, but yes the eyes will not get pulled away to the building and can focus on the Fullerton itself, thanks! :)

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site

Double rainbow over Jurong East HDBs :)

Another Double rainbow captured from the same location, after exactly one month from the above photo, Blessed. :)
These are quite possibly the best rainbow photos I've seen in a while, simply because you have involved the surrounding context. Many times, photographers are too engrossed with rainbows, they've forgotten that the surrounding context is also a critical factor in a composition.

Top Bottom