Mia/awol

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Hmmm another guy has gone MIA from my company.

No news, nothing. Sigh... should I do the same? Every month late pay up to 3 weeks, late CPF, I leave at 6pm boss say I leave EARLY.

I do OT also no see him say I leave LATE.

Life is so unfair. I really want out of IT.

Any photographer masters needs an apprentice? :bheart:

seroiusly MIA frm ur company? sheesh :S your boss prolly workaholic... like my boss when i was in army... 6:30 considered early... everyone leave at 5:30. then my stupid unit always kena hold back till 7:30 - 8pm... nuts.

espn said:
Hmmm another guy has gone MIA from my company.

No news, nothing. Sigh... should I do the same? Every month late pay up to 3 weeks, late CPF, I leave at 6pm boss say I leave EARLY.

I do OT also no see him say I leave LATE.

Life is so unfair. I really want out of IT.

Any photographer masters needs an apprentice? :bheart:
Take it from the boss of Dell, when he goes back home at 6:30pm. Anyone who says 'Going home early, I see!', he replies 'I am going back ON TIME!'.

Tell that to my boss? :bsmilie:

I'm not all pissed with the late payment and sacarstic remarks. I'm more pissed that we're all blamed for things that the management planned and we can't excute according to what they want.

They don't care for their staffs, having been in this co for 10+ months now, my entire team has changed members twice, my team leads inclusive. They just let people go like that, and when they go, the boss will bad mouth them accordingly and some people have turned bitter against the co, this is a very sad thing IMHO.

They like to look at past successes and think that the same thing will work for every project... I'm sick of hearing the same things "Look at xxxx, we did it... why can't we do it for xxxx".

Right now just dying to get out also. Waiting for opportunity.

I see the new comers come in, I also pity them.

Me? I'm in IT la. scud :kok:

This is not the first time somebody AWOL like this already, there's another guy got fed up just paid his notice period and left immediately.

maybe you should just do the same and give photography (as a profession) a try...

judging from your frequent portraiture posting and the heaps of prasies u get all around CS .. i think you have the making of a successful portrait/fashion photographer...

you just need to weigh your options and take the opportunity...

maybe this current job is a final push needed for you to lauch your career into photography

Good Luck!

Happy Shooting :)

wad lousy IT company is urs man? better warn us brudders oso in IT line one...

cannot say then give hints?
like spell 10 letters and leave out 1.

haha

Sounds like it's resume time. Work on your CV and look for another job. I've seen companies like this... delaying salary payments by weeks or months.

Sputnik said:
maybe you should just do the same and give photography (as a profession) a try...

judging from your frequent portraiture posting and the heaps of prasies u get all around CS .. i think you have the making of a successful portrait/fashion photographer...

you just need to weigh your options and take the opportunity...

maybe this current job is a final push needed for you to lauch your career into photography

Good Luck!

Happy Shooting :)
Frankly, am abit scared of changing my hobby into professions after I did it with IT. I'm afraid to lose the zeal/zest I have for photography (even though I take sh!t images).

I do thank you for your kind thoughts that I might be able to make it professional. Have thought about it, but prefer to shoot something I like instead of being paid to shoot something. Would I do it big? I doubt so, I'm still far from the average shooters that post in portraits - wolfgang, Petf69, AJ23, etc. Still far. Will work harder though.

I do want out of IT, but I don't want to end up like now again :(

Will have to think carefully before deciding what to jump into again.

This job just helped me to understand IT is not what it seems and hobby & professions don't mix. Sigh.

alankuik said:
wad lousy IT company is urs man? better warn us brudders oso in IT line one...

cannot say then give hints?
like spell 10 letters and leave out 1.

haha
Cannot la, will get killed, but it's around an area, do a search I ever ask once who works somewhere, thought can meet up for lunch, but never got to do it.

Somebody also once used the internal mass mail address to send O$P$ to the whole of the co. That's how bad it is. I give up on s/w houses already, esp those that survives on projects.

sriram said:
Sounds like it's resume time. Work on your CV and look for another job. I've seen companies like this... delaying salary payments by weeks or months.
Yep... have been working on it. The reasons they gave for delaying payment is that customers haven't pay so they can't pay us. What a good reason :rolleyes:

Woah .... :think:

I'm having my fair share of problems also here at work where colleagues throw responsibilities to me ... all because "i don't like talking to xxx ..." or "xxx has criticized me before...and xxx doesn't trust my work anymore"... i mean its a sad thing that i'm a mediator now.

Given the choice i just feel want to just leave and leave them all in a pool of crap... let them dig themselves out. :(

what the...
like that also can?
then if customer nvr pay u all, then no need to work also lo, no $$ pay for office rental and etc? office close shop =P

dEthANGeL said:
Woah .... :think:

I'm having my fair share of problems also here at work where colleagues throw responsibilities to me ... all because "i don't like talking to xxx ..." or "xxx has criticized me before...and xxx doesn't trust my work anymore"... i mean its a sad thing that i'm a mediator now.

Given the choice i just feel want to just leave and leave them all in a pool of crap... let them dig themselves out. :(

That's what is happening to me, the boss wants me to take over the team as team lead, but wants to involve me still in development work and best, authority is not given to me to talk to users, I still have to bring my PM (who knows sh!t) along for meetings and he will ask me to take notes/mins and end of ASKS ME WHAT WAS THE FINAL DECISION!!!! :rolleyes:

I refused of course and now they put a proxy on top of me - a team lead that knows nothing, does nothing but plan timelines & deadlines.

Really sick of working here already. :(

espn, seriously...

this is the same damn problem i face in my hostel. maybe the pressures r diff as this is ur rice bowl. but believe me, the same incompetency and politics are there.

i feel ur most ideal job is to get a job at NIKON, maybe as a spokesman or something.(no joke). or maybe starting a photography related business, selling stuff etc. or start courses on the use of equipment.

its true that when u try to make hobby ur job things get very diff. cos when its ur hobby, u have a choice of what u wanna shoot, how u wanna shoot it etc. but when ur whole livelihood depends on it, u LL do wat ppl want, and sadly, what they want r usually ridiculous things.

i hope u can find a good solution out of all these problems. and i may be only a student who hasnt seen the world out there yet. but maybe u can gather some of ur like minded frens and seriously consider my (maybe naive) suggestions

:)

espn said:
That's what is happening to me, the boss wants me to take over the team as team lead, but wants to involve me still in development work and best, authority is not given to me to talk to users, I still have to bring my PM (who knows sh!t) along for meetings and he will ask me to take notes/mins and end of ASKS ME WHAT WAS THE FINAL DECISION!!!! :rolleyes:

I refused of course and now they put a proxy on top of me - a team lead that knows nothing, does nothing but plan timelines & deadlines.

Really sick of working here already. :(

Sounds like my work place... except that this "proxy" or supervisor ontop of us is tightening his reign.

Everyone's pretty unhappy about it since he's known to "withdraw" his words even after openly declaring it in a department meeting. How can anyone trust or work in this sort of environment?

Not much job openings now. Sigh :( Just been informed by HR also i'm on no-pay leave .. and my school project is due next Wednesday. Already the pay is pathetic, deduct pay somemore... I reallly feel like AWOL/MIA ... :(

working somewhere near macpherson?
iirc, the thread where normally go lunch...
me at kallang way...

~Arcanic~ said:
what the...
like that also can?
then if customer nvr pay u all, then no need to work also lo, no $$ pay for office rental and etc? office close shop =P
I also wish, once 6pm sharp the aircon automatically shuts down, save $$ I guess. But like I said it's not the $ that's bugging me, it's the way the management treats people.

wainism said:
i feel ur most ideal job is to get a job at NIKON, maybe as a spokesman or something.(no joke). or maybe starting a photography related business, selling stuff etc. or start courses on the use of equipment.
I've done sales before, I know I can do it, but seriously it's not my cuppa tea. And I seriously don't want to work at Nikon, although there *are* benefits, but oh well...

Regarding the uses of equipments, come on, there are quailfied people out there, megaweb never open mouth I say so much for what? :bsmilie:

wainism said:
ts true that when u try to make hobby ur job things get very diff. cos when its ur hobby, u have a choice of what u wanna shoot, how u wanna shoot it etc. but when ur whole livelihood depends on it, u LL do wat ppl want, and sadly, what they want r usually ridiculous things.
Exactly, why do you think I prefer it as hobby? :)

wainism said:
i hope u can find a good solution out of all these problems. and i may be only a student who hasnt seen the world out there yet. but maybe u can gather some of ur like minded frens and seriously consider my (maybe naive) suggestions

:)
Nah... solutions or just words of concern I'm already very grateful, not looking at solving the problems (just quit lor) but needed to let off some stress, most problems are often solved with naive suggestions. Don't be surprised.

dEthANGeL said:
Sounds like my work place... except that this "proxy" or supervisor ontop of us is tightening his reign.

Everyone's pretty unhappy about it since he's known to "withdraw" his words even after openly declaring it in a department meeting. How can anyone trust or work in this sort of environment?

Not much job openings now. Sigh :( Just been informed by HR also i'm on no-pay leave .. and my school project is due next Wednesday. Already the pay is pathetic, deduct pay somemore... I reallly feel like AWOL/MIA ... :(
Exactly... just a plain proxy, if my boss gave me a pay raise and a promotion to a senior title, I don't mind helping out as a team lead at all. They just didn't want to.

The architect can't restart the UNIX server, I had to do it right after my ICT, training for new comers also I do, the technical lead arrow me to do. Win liao lor... low pay everything high I do... sheesh.

I won't be surprised if you do MIA/AWOL, life is miserable (not comparing to those that left their countries which is worse) in IT and in SG.

scud said:
working somewhere near macpherson?
iirc, the thread where normally go lunch...
me at kallang way...
Yep.. near there ;)

Wow, from the way u put it, ur office reminds me of my saf camp sia..
underpaid overwork syndrome... kaoz

and i tot only saf treats pp that way..

Status
Not open for further replies.