MG --> Vintage car

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeter

May 1, 2004
Hmm, sharing a car that i love soo much~ (haven't got money to buy it though)

Comments welcomed, soo do talks abt MGs. :D

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
I know very little about MGs..... accept for being what a roadster should be. Being Light, Rear wheel drive and being flashy. A pity that now that only the Mazda MX5 kept to this principle. The current new MGs leave little to be desired.

If this was intended to be a snapshot... its a fine shot. But if u wanted more out of it... I found the composition a bit lacking. Stand further away, and use about 100mm to 150mm (35mm equivalent) to frame the same composition and perhaps it'll look better... . Using Wide so near can be tricky is not done correctly. U get too much unwanted background into the frame, u get unbalanced distortion, and u get some reflection of yourself.

Recently, got a shot of a MG engine....

Cheers mate... =) .

leeter

May 1, 2004
thnx for the tips on taking such shoots. Ok, 100 to 150mm, but my camera only got 3x optical zoom, is it enough?

Rev

Aug 15, 2004
oooo, car pics. i'm no expert, but my 2cents...

visually, the pic isnt that appealling to highlight the front of the car, makes it look more like a 1-eyed-bug staring at U. Following marc's advice, just use more or full zoom, stand farther away and frame a little more of the car. By doing this, U wont see a disfigured reflection of yrself (see upper chrome part of grill) & U can probably highlight the overall beautiful design elements of the front of the car. I had some difficulties shooting a vintage alfa gt jr, here's a similar shot to maybe give U an idea.

marc, wonderful engine shot, awesome colors, where's the rest of the car? =)

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
Rev said:
oooo, car pics. i'm no expert, but my 2cents...
:rolleyes: You're too humble ... REV

I believe REV has used about 50-60mm for this shot.... which is good..... it flattens perspective above 50.... so u get more lines... more patterns. See how flat the alfa's face is, thats probably what you are trying to achieve.

Generally car photographers use only very wide(12-24), or pretty long (70-200) for interesting perspectives.

leeter

May 1, 2004
thnx guys, will try it out again if i have the chance to see some nice vintage cars! or perhaps at the coming Car-shows ? hehee

mohgui

Jan 31, 2005
La La Land
lemme guess... it's a MGB. quite a powerful machine for its class. my friend got a MG Midget Mk II. quite a fun thing to drive actually. you are seated very low to the ground.

leeter

May 1, 2004
wow... how many types of MG are there ? i only like this type de, with Sliver Chrome/bumper.

Arr... mohgui u tempting me lehz, my friends all no cars yet de... -.-" but it's cool manz !!

Rev

Aug 15, 2004
marcwang said:
:rolleyes: You're too humble ... REV
yea dude, that's because I dont have awesome nite car fotos... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mohgui

Jan 31, 2005
La La Land
leeter said:
wow... how many types of MG are there ? i only like this type de, with Sliver Chrome/bumper.

Arr... mohgui u tempting me lehz, my friends all no cars yet de... -.-" but it's cool manz !!
There are MGA, MGB, MGC, MGF, MG Midget. Erm... i think that's all i can remember... :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom