Metz Flash For Nikon Dslr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow forumers, does anyone knows or use a Metz Flash unit for Nikon Dslr. I came across a Metz Mecablitz 54 MZ 4i. Anyone using it and whats the price range. Any place selling this unit? Hope to find some answer to my question from the Pros here.

Regards. Rockers.

http://www.metz.de/en/photo_electronics/analog/mecablitz_54_MZ-4i.171.html

for me nope i use bak the sb800 cause i scared that my hotshoe may be damaged by third pt items:D
juz my 2cents

for me nope i use bak the sb800 cause i scared that my hotshoe may be damaged by third pt items:D
juz my 2cents

Thanks for the input bro, I know that nothing beats an SB light. Just curios to know about this product. Cheers.

i am using this flash unit, but i come from the Canon camp.
do note this flash is significantly bigger than the SB600/800.. it is even bigger than my 580EX!
size comparison: http://i7.tinypic.com/87nnsl0.jpg

AFAIK, John3:16 and perhaps CP sells Metz flashes (but not necc. the model you are looking for..)

i am using this flash unit, but i come from the Canon camp.
do note this flash is significantly bigger than the SB600/800.. it is even bigger than my 580EX!
size comparison: http://i7.tinypic.com/87nnsl0.jpg

AFAIK, John3:16 and perhaps CP sells Metz flashes (but not necc. the model you are looking for..)

Hi, this is great news, at least there is someone out there using this flash. Now, the big question is: How good do you rate this unit compare to the OEM flash? Do give more personal preference to this flash as Im very interested to know more. In the Metz website, it claim to on par as other OEM unit.

Regards.

i did an unscientific test using ETTL (580ex) vs A (metz) mode comparison using direct flash and 45 degree tilt bounce flash..
guess what? the metz was more accurate in metering... but again, thats for Canon, the results might be different on a Nikon..

i did an unscientific test using ETTL (580ex) vs A (metz) mode comparison using direct flash and 45 degree tilt bounce flash..
guess what? the metz was more accurate in metering... but again, thats for Canon, the results might be different on a Nikon..

i second that. i'm using metz 54mz4i as well. their auto is very accurate. but since you're using nikon system. just get the sb800 then. it's a very good flash. btw metz 54 is really big! bought at AP around 600+

i second that. i'm using metz 54mz4i as well. their auto is very accurate. but since you're using nikon system. just get the sb800 then. it's a very good flash. btw metz 54 is really big! bought at AP around 600+

Thanks for all the info, so I guess Metz really live up to its expectation. And as you guys reckon, I will go for the SB800. Cheers....

Latest Metz flash is 58AF-1 which replaces the 54MZ4/i/MZ3.
As stated, it is being sold at John 3:16, Cathay etc...

If you are not using for CLS often, the metz is gd enough for most situation.
Else SB800 for first flash is able to statisfy you.

Latest Metz flash is 58AF-1 which replaces the 54MZ4/i/MZ3.
As stated, it is being sold at John 3:16, Cathay etc

The 58AF-1 has a USB port for updating the firmware, making the flash future proof. For the 54MZ4i, you have to update the SCA module. However, this is one in a blue moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.