METZ 40MZ-2 SCA 3302-M4 with Dimage A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpie

Mar 11, 2004
Singapore
Hi,

Is there anybody to have the above setup? I've just purchased a Dimage A2. I am going to buy the 3302-M4 for my 40MZ-2 if it works with Dimage A2.

I checked CP, but they don't sell it. Do you know who sells the SCA 3302-M4 ? Maybe I can go there and try.

Thanks!
Alpie

CP or Alan or MS should be able to order for you.
Do let us know how it goes.

I couldn't get response from local resources. I guess they don't wanna spend much time on small fish while there are big ones in the queue. Not blaming them. I would do the same. ;)

I placed an order to Germany. Let's see how it goes. I'll update it here... :cheers:

alpie said:
I couldn't get response from local resources. I guess they don't wanna spend much time on small fish while there are big ones in the queue. Not blaming them. I would do the same. ;)

I placed an order to Germany. Let's see how it goes. I'll update it here... :cheers:

How did u get to the local sources? Email? That takes quite a while sometimes... I prefer to call and make an order or go down and speak to them face to face.

I called them as well as I made email queries (sometimes you get different results ;-) ).

On the phone all I got is "no stock sir" or "out of stock". The *predicted* price they quoted me is not less than what I'll pay to Germany including delivery.

If all fails I'll try my chances in US. It is sold around 60 USD + delivery.

alpie said:
I called them as well as I made email queries (sometimes you get different results ;-) ).

On the phone all I got is "no stock sir" or "out of stock". The *predicted* price they quoted me is not less than what I'll pay to Germany including delivery.

If all fails I'll try my chances in US. It is sold around 60 USD + delivery.

Sometimes got to press them to order for u. They aren't very interested in u cos they are kind of assured of business as there really aren't many shops in S'pore selling serious photography equipment.

Good news!

Peter from AP sent me an email stating that they have it in their stock (I guess he is the primary contact for Metz, they have to take care of too many items... Can't blame anybody for not knowing every item).

So I went there to pick up the 3302-M4 before close of business. The user manual does not mention about Dimage A2, but according to Metz web site Dimage A2 is supported.

I tested the functions below:

FLASH COMPENSATION: YES
ADI FLASH CONTROL: YES
PRE-FLASH TTL : YES
MOTOR ZOOM: YES
MANUAL MODE SHUTTER SPEED & APERTURE: YES (FLASH'S SETTINGS DO NOT MATCH THE CAMERA'S, BUT THE EXPOSURE IS OK. MANUALLY OVERRIDING FLASH'S TTL VALUES TO MATCH THE CAMERA'S SETTINGS CAUSE UNDEREXPOSURE)
RED EYE: N/A ON 40MZ-2 (HENCE IT IS DISABLED ON MINOLTA W/40MZ-2)
REAR SYNCH: YES
METZ REMOTE SLAVE / Minolta WIRELESS = YES (MINOLTA TO PROVIDE 1/3, METZ TO PROVIDE 2/3 OF LIGHT)

IT COSTS 105 SGD + GST

This thing is cool... Cheers!
Alpie

TTL also works during Stroboskobic shooting. It is not 100% accurate, you need to try and adjust the compensation depending on the conditions.

Zoom manual override in TTL mode = YES

Camera's flash ready indicator = YES

the adaptor or the flash cost $105?

what's the GN of this flash,,,how come i can't find it on metz website?

glyuen said:
the adaptor or the flash cost $105?

what's the GN of this flash,,,how come i can't find it on metz website?

Just the adaptor costs 105$. In Europe it is 10-15% cheaper. It is made by Germany.

For all Metz flashes the model number specifies the GN. So MZ40 has GN =40meters, MZ32 has GN=32meters etc.

I had payed 180 SGD for the flash (2nd hand) that came with an old Nikon adapter, which also fit to my old Fuji.

ok thanks... i was hoping for it to fit a z2 but metz said it can't...sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.