Method to download pictures to computer

What method used for downloading images from camera to pc

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darker

Sep 4, 2005
Hi,

I would like to take a poll on the method of downloading images to the computer. Do you use the USB connection or a memory card reader?

Is it me or that i cannot vote on the poll?

Anyway,if there's many pictures to xfer to PC,i will use the supplied USB 2.0 cable.

Otherwise,i will use the integrated card reader,though its slower,as its less troublesome.

Is it me or that i cannot vote on the poll?

Anyway,if there's many pictures to xfer to PC,i will use the supplied USB 2.0 cable.

Otherwise,i will use the integrated card reader,though its slower,as its less troublesome.

i tink u cant vote cos u are a new member. must have 30 days (i think) b4 u can vote.

anw, i use card reader.

i tink u cant vote cos u are a new member. must have 30 days (i think) b4 u can vote.

anw, i use card reader.

i think it is because number of posts. cos i joined CS long time ago but i still cant vote. low post count.

btw, my laptop have a built-in card reader which i use to transfer my photos to my laptop

i think it is because number of posts. cos i joined CS long time ago but i still cant vote. low post count.

btw, my laptop have a built-in card reader which i use to transfer my photos to my laptop

hmm...
i cant vote either. 200+ still too low.. lol

Hi,

hmm...
i cant vote either. 200+ still too low.. lol

My post count is less than yours, Fragnatic, and I was able to poll. See: [thread=147924]this sticky[/thread] in FAQs and Feedback for more info.

Usually the card reader unless somehow i misplaced the small little reader

Ryan

anw, i use card reader.

Hi,
My post count is less than yours, Fragnatic, and I was able to poll. See: [thread=147924]this sticky[/thread] in FAQs and Feedback for more info.

thanks. so we were both right initially ;)

anw, back to topic, i heard that connecting directly to the camera via usb will result in slower transfer rates than card reader. is that true?

havent really tried that. i find that i'm more comfortable using my card reader.

Card reader. I hate to keep opening the rubbery flap on the camera (scared that it will spoil - maybe I'm just anal). Also, reduce the battery usage on the camera by using the card reader

I use the cable.. Don't want to waste money on a good reader..

If you use a louya reader, your speed will be horrible.. Or even worst! Card corrupt

Since my computer has built in SD reader, insert directly into the notebook to read, for CF card, use a CF reader.

Thank you for all who have participated in the poll. From the poll result, the memory card reader method is more preferred.

i understand there are various memory card readers costing from a few dollars to tens of dollars. i guess the price difference could be due to brand and speed.

i have both the cheaper one and the more expensive one. transferring from camera direct may be limited by speed based on my opinion.

i think the norm is a card reader instead of having to open (repeatedly) the cover of the port on the camera. it may be less troublesome w/o a card reader but what happens if the cover becomes loose? =)

i think the norm is a card reader instead of having to open (repeatedly) the cover of the port on the camera. it may be less troublesome w/o a card reader but what happens if the cover becomes loose? =)

What happens if the battery/batteries die in the middle of a transfer directly from the camera? Does it damage the data on the card?

sometimes i dont rely on card reader, had a bad experience, my cf got corrupted after downloading through my card reader

Never got trouble with Memory card reader ;)
slower process if use USB connection

Use memory card reader all the time. It is quick and convenient without the need to carry the DSLR around - worst if accidentally dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.