Metering problem with 20d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolrence

Oct 15, 2006
Lately, the metering in my cam has been going crazy. I'm not sure whether it's because I used my ND filter prior that somehow caused the problem, but my photos get overexposed by a big scale (about 3 stops or more) cause the meter shows the wrong metering (eg in bright daylight, I get shutter speeds of 1/30 at f/5.6)... changing lenses don't help. I've to switch off the cam for a long while, turn it back on, and the metering works again. Once in a while, it goes off again.

Restoring default cam settings don't help.

So anyone knows what might be causing the problem? (definitely not a user created problem lol) Or is it time for a new cam? :bsmilie:

Perfect excuse for a new cam:) :bsmilie: Why not bring it down to CSC for a check.

yes...it is time for a new camera....;p

Perfect excuse for a new cam:) :bsmilie: Why not bring it down to CSC for a check.

Cause I'm in the US now, and servicing is more expensive here.... I won't wanna service such an old model either, might as well get a new one.. :bsmilie:

I just hope the cam don't fail on me during critical moments...

Hmm, does anyone know of repair services in South California along the lines of our own DIY repairers in SG? ;p

Electronic gremlins - circuitry unstable - time to retire - hello new DSLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.