Metalheads

razor

May 3, 2003
Woody Land
www.razin-photography.com
Anyone into heavy metal here?

One of my all time fav song - Creeping Death.

This concert was attended by one of the largest audience of its time in Moscow.

[vid]eJbpPh16dNM[/vid]

Yeah man. Absolutely. :)

My fave events: Guns and Roses in Germany in the 90s, Megadeath and of course Metallica (Manila in 1994, Munich)

They're in Australia next month!!

Yeah me metalhead.

Got a dvd of the Sonisphere festival feat. Anthrax,Megadeth, Slayer and Metallica which happened earlier this year in Sofia, Bulgaria. :thumbsup:

I shot metallica when they came to Singapore some years ago

14689IMG0010.jpg

Last edited:
I heard the last time they came was in 1992? How I wish they will come again...

Anyone into heavy metal here?

One of my all time fav song - Creeping Death.

This concert was attended by one of the largest audience of its time in Moscow.

yeah. one of my favs off Ride the Lightning. not forgetting Four Horsemen, Seek & Destroy, Shortest Straw and For Whom The Bell Tolls. ;) still prefer newsted in the band rather than robert. this imho, is the one of the best performance from them. the intensity in newsted is so metal.

[vid]jp10YUM81uM[/vid]

how about Queensryche? Geoff Tate is a awesomely good singer. Eyes of a stranger, Jet City Woman, Queen of the Reich, are all masterpieces.

not many are into metal these days. bang your head! and RIP Dio. Really regretted not catching him when Black Sabbath came in 08? and also missed out on Slash last week.

Queensryche is great! Pity they din produce more good stuff after Empire. Silent Lucidity really made them famous in the main stream. Empire and Operation Mindcrime are essentials to any metal collection.

My fav Metallica song is Fade to Black. Really awesome! Ride the Lightning album to me is Metallica's best. Liked the cover too and it has a really cool name.... ride the lightning weee.....and then you die! lol

I discovered a band called Draconian a few years back. Still a 'small' band, I think they are really good and underrated. A Gothic/doom metal band, they don't have the usual fast, agressive sounds of thrash metal but they still sound 'heavy', worth a listen. They feature duo vocalists, female sings in a clean voice while the male growls. I think he has the best growl voice in the industry, really clear and easy to listen to what he is singing.

Here are 4 excellent songs from their lastest album: Turning Seasons Within. BTW, they dun have any music video clips, so these are done by fans.

Bloodflower
[vid]YOe7uvm-kp4[/vid]

Seasons Apart
[vid]aIkmX5sDCiM[/vid]

Morphine Cloud
[vid]LM0vMNL6Y30[/vid]

Earthbound
[vid]rr_3juFrMjk[/vid]

BTW, the album is about love! :bigeyes:

Last edited:
pig destroyer and agoraphobic nosebleed for me \m/

:devil:

Metal Classic.

Started listening to heavy metal in the 80s with this band.

Iron Maiden - 1983 The Trooper

Still sounds great after 3 decades

The Trooper - Live at Rock in Rio in Brazil 2001

[vid]354MU3l-25M[/vid]

Nice shot! I was there at the concert too.

Had my ears and voice blown away for a few days! :devil:

haha, thanks, i was at the photographers pit, first 3 songs only
i was warned to bring ear plugs as we were right in front of the stage
it was the best concert ever, everyone stood on the chairs and all the police could do was look.

I'm a very big fan of classic metal.

Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, AC-DC, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath floats my boat.

Spent to many young days in the barber shop with the mat rock uncles :bsmilie:

on the slightly slower side, Alice Copper is :thumbsup:

I'm a very big fan of classic metal.

Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, AC-DC, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath floats my boat.

Spent to many young days in the barber shop with the mat rock uncles :bsmilie:

on the slightly slower side, Alice Copper is :thumbsup:

haha. think you're up for a challenge?

Here's Sabaton's "Metal Machine", a power metal song. If you haven't heard the song before, try and spot all the references without looking at the lyrics. ;) Should be some fun.

[vid]Y8hJddMR8ZU[/vid]

No one like Draconian? :bsmilie: Folk metal anyone? Here is Korpiklaani with Happy Little Boozer.

[vid]JFBYIT4fvcY[/vid]

Hey duffydufs, can recommend me Pig Destroyer's best album? I made a mistake and bought their Natasha EP. Not what I expect from PD.

Here is old school heavy metal from the land of the rising sun!

[vid]pc1kT0o0A-o[/vid]

I attended their concert too when they came to perform at Sentosa in the 1990s (?)

Anyone of u were there?

What are your top 3 metal songs ever written?

For me its:
1. Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden
2. Hangar 18 - Megadeth
3. Fade To Black - Metallica

I know Metallica's Master of Puppets is in many people's top 3 lists but its 4th on mine. :bsmilie: Yes I remember Loudness but was never really into them.

Draconian sounds pretty good!

Who can forget Sepultura? Brazil isnt just about football & girls in tiny bikinis
[vid]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j8OF4cZnjg&feature=related[/vid]

Jim carrey with Cannibal Corpse
[vid]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iv3HqRJP3w[/vid]

Last edited:
While there is a small community of metal lovers around, sad to say I believe it will die out soon. Amongst my generation(I am 20 now) its all about rap, hiphop, R&B, Kpop and the likes.....

Bands like Loudness, Xjapan, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica are all virtual unknowns in my social circles.....

P.S
Iron Maiden's new track: El Dorado is out for download! Download at the Maiden webby, new album is slated for release on the 16th August!!!

P.S.S
Xjapan's new album is definitely in the works, after so many years, Yoshiki better not give us a 12 song album with 6 re-arranged/re-recorded material! :sweat:

Rock will never die lah brader, got ever listen to Michael Schenker Group b4?

It's not just about the beat. My son, 11, likes Black Sabbath's Ironman and War Pigs.

Maybe these metal/rock oldies songs for the angry/rebellious ones I guess. Try Pantera's I'm Broken, and u know what I mean.

[vid]YmS-JuVvVf4[/vid]

I'm Broken lyrics

I wonder if we'll smile in our coffins while loved ones
Mourn the day, the absence of our faces, living, laughing,
Eyes awake. Is this too much for them to take?
Too young for ones conclusion, the lifestyle won.
Such values you taught your son. That's how.
Look at me now. I'm broken.
Inherit my life.
One day we all will die, a cliched fact of life. Force fed
To make us heed. Inbred to sponge our bleed. Every
Warning, a leaking rubber, a poison apple for mingled
Blood. Too young for ones delusion the lifestyle cost
Venereal Mother embrace the loss. That's how
Look at you now. You're broken
Inherit your life.

Last edited: