Northwest
Visit site
First time posting here....hope you like these pictures:

aah.jpg

aad.jpg

Fire Hydrant for the first pic?

Originally posted by phero-man
Fire Hydrant for the first pic?

Actually, no. The picture was taken at a park called Gasworks Park in Seattle. It was an old industrial installation that has been converted to a park with children's playground.

Here are some more pictures taken there, though not all may be considered abstract:

aak.jpg

abd.jpg

aav.jpg

kids play there?!?!?!?!?

Originally posted by punscum
kids play there?!?!?!?!?

lol, the kids in US damn power... :bsmilie:

Singapore kids play playground, US kids play with construction? :D

Originally posted by punscum
kids play there?!?!?!?!?

.....:bsmilie: :bsmilie: ......

No lah, no one allowed into the rusty metal structure. It is actually fenced up. Don't ask me how the graffiti got there...

I must go there again to take some pictures of the playground and show you guys. The playground is actually very safe for kids.

Originally posted by roygoh

I must go there again to take some pictures of the playground and show you guys. The playground is actually very safe for kids.

Safe? there are rust everywhere leh...

btw, i like the first one...it look so real until the screws seems to be popped out of the screen

Originally posted by kamwai

Safe? there are rust everywhere leh...

btw, i like the first one...it look so real until the screws seems to be popped out of the screen

The playground not so bad, and thanks for your compliments!

is this taken with a coolpix? :D

Originally posted by zOOm
I dunno why, but I find that rusty building beautiful. :)

Yes, I liked the structures a lot also.

Here are some more pictures, but they are not abstracts:

aal.jpg

aaj.jpg

Yes, I liked the structures a lot also.

Here are some more pictures, but they are not abstracts:

aal.jpg

aaj.jpg

I like the first one. you got both the textures & blue skies :)
where you metered? I always had this problem, and I've to settle between blue skies & my object. noted some of the Graffiti seems to be a overexpose.

as for Second, too bad, it is in the shadows ....
perhaps you could capture and blue skies but put those structure in silhouette? just my thoughts ...

:thumbsup:

Hey roy post more leh! Should have more photos of ur standards...many of us dun get to travel to other countried to see such stuff. :)

I like the first one. you got both the textures & blue skies :)
where you metered? I always had this problem, and I've to settle between blue skies & my object. noted some of the Graffiti seems to be a overexpose.

Thanks! I just used matrix metering and left it to the camera. The graffiti over-exposure is the famous wash-out problem on Nikon CP cameras.

as for Second, too bad, it is in the shadows ....
perhaps you could capture and blue skies but put those structure in silhouette? just my thoughts ...

Good point. I am trying to visit that park again soon.

Originally posted by sbs99
:thumbsup:

Hey roy post more leh! Should have more photos of ur standards...many of us dun get to travel to other countried to see such stuff. :)

Wah, sbs99, seems like you have been pretty quite here for a while. Nice to hear from you again!

Thanks for your compliments!

Wah, sbs99, seems like you have been pretty quite here for a while. Nice to hear from you again!

Thanks for your compliments!

I was off to sentosa's sandsation for 2 weeks...so no post. Now im back...tried posting some shots...but homex is down i think...can't see my photos. Got any similar, easy to use, allow image linking from outside website host to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.