Metal work


Status
Not open for further replies.

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
#5
Originally posted by phero-man
Fire Hydrant for the first pic?
Actually, no. The picture was taken at a park called Gasworks Park in Seattle. It was an old industrial installation that has been converted to a park with children's playground.

Here are some more pictures taken there, though not all may be considered abstract:





 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
#9
Originally posted by punscum
kids play there?!?!?!?!?
.....:bsmilie: :bsmilie: ......

No lah, no one allowed into the rusty metal structure. It is actually fenced up. Don't ask me how the graffiti got there...

I must go there again to take some pictures of the playground and show you guys. The playground is actually very safe for kids.
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
39
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
#10
Originally posted by roygoh

I must go there again to take some pictures of the playground and show you guys. The playground is actually very safe for kids.
Safe? there are rust everywhere leh...

btw, i like the first one...it look so real until the screws seems to be popped out of the screen
 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
#11
Originally posted by kamwai


Safe? there are rust everywhere leh...

btw, i like the first one...it look so real until the screws seems to be popped out of the screen
The playground not so bad, and thanks for your compliments!
 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
#15
Originally posted by zOOm
I dunno why, but I find that rusty building beautiful. :)
Yes, I liked the structures a lot also.

Here are some more pictures, but they are not abstracts:



 

zOOm

New Member
May 23, 2002
237
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#16
Originally posted by roygoh


Yes, I liked the structures a lot also.

Here are some more pictures, but they are not abstracts:



I like the first one. you got both the textures & blue skies :)
where you metered? I always had this problem, and I've to settle between blue skies & my object. noted some of the Graffiti seems to be a overexpose.

as for Second, too bad, it is in the shadows ....
perhaps you could capture and blue skies but put those structure in silhouette? just my thoughts ...
 

sbs99

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
2,024
0
0
#17
:thumbsup:

Hey roy post more leh! Should have more photos of ur standards...many of us dun get to travel to other countried to see such stuff. :)
 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
#18
Originally posted by zOOm


I like the first one. you got both the textures & blue skies :)
where you metered? I always had this problem, and I've to settle between blue skies & my object. noted some of the Graffiti seems to be a overexpose.
Thanks! I just used matrix metering and left it to the camera. The graffiti over-exposure is the famous wash-out problem on Nikon CP cameras.

Originally posted by zOOm

as for Second, too bad, it is in the shadows ....
perhaps you could capture and blue skies but put those structure in silhouette? just my thoughts ...
Good point. I am trying to visit that park again soon.
 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
#19
Originally posted by sbs99
:thumbsup:

Hey roy post more leh! Should have more photos of ur standards...many of us dun get to travel to other countried to see such stuff. :)
Wah, sbs99, seems like you have been pretty quite here for a while. Nice to hear from you again!

Thanks for your compliments!
 

sbs99

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
2,024
0
0
#20
Originally posted by roygoh


Wah, sbs99, seems like you have been pretty quite here for a while. Nice to hear from you again!

Thanks for your compliments!
I was off to sentosa's sandsation for 2 weeks...so no post. Now im back...tried posting some shots...but homex is down i think...can't see my photos. Got any similar, easy to use, allow image linking from outside website host to recommend?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom