Metal cutting

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshdreams

May 10, 2002
Holland Village,Singapore
Hi
Anyone can help me locate a place where i can get a 'back of one of my cameras modified. This entails precise cutting(metal/steel) and grinding/welding or any other means of glueing it back..

any help is appreciated..

how precise u need? btw wat stuff u doing?

u just need a simple plate den weld, simple... but if u need to make grooves or watever, depends on the number of process.

mayb you can draw a simple sketch of your idea... as there is different 'companies' with different scope & expertise.

Thanks Del_Ctrl

i did find a tool & die maker... Hopefully he will be able to assisit me. I have left the stuff with him to fix. Will be hearing from him on Monday.

I had to saw of a 6x7 toyoView rollfilm back (a sliding back used on my 4x5 field camera) and grind the back so that the plate can be fixed closer to the film plane. I was trying to use the schneider 47mm SA lens which focuses very close. If i can solve this problem it will help me save a lot of time on field as the sliding back (slides from viewing glass to the 6x7 mamiya back) is a very useful contraption..

Thanks once again..

contact Technics Bros, off Kallang, along Lavender road. Sorry I do not have their number.

Status
Not open for further replies.