Messenger Bags for recommendation

Anybody using ona union street?? How do you find it?

Anybody using ona union street?? How do you find it?

Some thoughts on mine:

+ Understated. No one gives a 2nd look at it. I use it as my day carry office bag. A colleague complimented the look of the bag and was surprised when I told him it's a camera bag.
+ Proven to be water resistant. Inside remained dry.
+ Built quality very good. Looks like it'll take being chucked around even though the stuff inside won't :D
+ No velcro = pretty much silent.
+- Stiff so it can stand without folding into itself but it also means it doesn't conform to your body when carrying it.
+- The rear compartment is very convenient but it's not wide enough to be able to fit some A4-sized paper without some shoving.
+- The bag bulges out a bit in front with my 13inch laptop in the compartment and 60D in it (vertically LCD up or horizontally LCD to the side). That being said, it's easy to take the camera in and out. You don't feel like you're struggling with the bag to take out your gear.
- The strap isn't long enough for me. I'm 175cm and I would prefer it to hang maybe 5-10cm lower. It's not removable so it can't be replaced.
- The strap pad is pretty much useless and also not removable.
- Due to the 2 reasons above, my bag feels heavy with only a 13 inch Macbook pro, Canon 60D with 16-35 f2.8 attached and a 50mm f1.2 lens.

Due to the minuses, I don't use this bag when I'm out shooting. In fact, during trips when I need to lug the laptop, I use this bag to carry my camera and laptop for the plane trip only. When I want to go out shooting, I'll use another bag I carry in my checked in luggage.

Some thoughts on mine:

+ Understated. No one gives a 2nd look at it. I use it as my day carry office bag. A colleague complimented the look of the bag and was surprised when I told him it's a camera bag.
+ Proven to be water resistant. Inside remained dry.
+ Built quality very good. Looks like it'll take being chucked around even though the stuff inside won't :D
+ No velcro = pretty much silent.
+- Stiff so it can stand without folding into itself but it also means it doesn't conform to your body when carrying it.
+- The rear compartment is very convenient but it's not wide enough to be able to fit some A4-sized paper without some shoving.
+- The bag bulges out a bit in front with my 13inch laptop in the compartment and 60D in it (vertically LCD up or horizontally LCD to the side). That being said, it's easy to take the camera in and out. You don't feel like you're struggling with the bag to take out your gear.
- The strap isn't long enough for me. I'm 175cm and I would prefer it to hang maybe 5-10cm lower. It's not removable so it can't be replaced.
- The strap pad is pretty much useless and also not removable.
- Due to the 2 reasons above, my bag feels heavy with only a 13 inch Macbook pro, Canon 60D with 16-35 f2.8 attached and a 50mm f1.2 lens.

Due to the minuses, I don't use this bag when I'm out shooting. In fact, during trips when I need to lug the laptop, I use this bag to carry my camera and laptop for the plane trip only. When I want to go out shooting, I'll use another bag I carry in my checked in luggage.

Many thanks for your review. I am considering it as a daily office bag :D Mind if i probe, which color did you get?

Many thanks for your review. I am considering it as a daily office bag :D Mind if i probe, which color did you get?

No worries. I got the black. I wanted the brown but in person, it's too light in color for my taste. Can't fulfill my Indiana Jones fantasies haha

Besides, the missus preferred the black. :)

get the Domke shoulder bag. It is the ultimate in discretion - the bag that doesn't shout "cameras!

Hi Csers,

I would like to have some recommendations on getting a messenger bag for storing these set of items.

1. Camera/Camcorder - NEW Ciesta Flexible(M) Camera insert Partition Padd...
This partition is for my camera and lens. Size 30W X 15H X 18D.

2. A Macbook pro 13" (32.5W X 2.41H, 22.7D)

3. Some but not too much space to put other stuffs in the bag. (trying to look small and compact despite such demand on the bag capacity)

I know carrying stuffs like that, it is better off to get a dedicated camera/laptop bag but I want to have the freedom to switch my bag usage as an when I need/like. This is also for daily non-camera usage and potentially for Uni.

I was looking at Crumpler Barney-Rustle (39W X 27.5H X 21D) but when I got to the shop it seems a little too small. The concern is on the Depth of the bag to fit the height of the macbook and the depth of the partition, but I realised most crumpler messenger bags are proportionally bigger in the width for those bags that can give a little more allowance to the depth vector.

So anyone can suggest a bag that fits my request? :D

kiwitan said:
get the Domke shoulder bag. It is the ultimate in discretion - the bag that doesn't shout "cameras!

Can show some domke bag pix?