Mesmerized...

CooL1985

Deregistered
Apr 7, 2010
1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, Overall colour of the photo

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
A interesting perspective of a "different bokeh"

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
This was taken under low room ambient light with a 50mm 1.4. Subject was lying on the sofa.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I personally love this shot, but i would really appreciated more feedback and comments on how to improve my shots.

Thanks all in advance for viewing and critique.

DSC_0939.jpg

Hi there.

Personally i find it overall too soft or perhaps should say OOF already...
shutter speed to slow? Handshake?

P.S newbie here =P

Last edited:
At the very least get the eyelashes sharp, failing which, get something - anything - sharp. When nothing is sharp, usually a sign of mild handshake. Can try increasing the shutter speed. There are pictures that work with nothing in focus, but this isn't one of them.

The composition - think she's lying down but the patch of space under her... she could be doing pushups. The colour/postpro doesn't work either - but work on the focus first.

Suggest you throw this out and try again.

The whole image is out of focus or blurred due to slow shutter and handshake. Like bro ST1100 mentioned, at least get the eye lashes in focus. Would have preferred a lower angle which shows more of the eye. The composition does not work for me as it wasn't easy to tell what the subject was do from the image.

Thx for all the feedbacks. I'll work on it!
Cheers!

Thx for all the feedbacks. I'll work on it!
Cheers!

Don't be disheartened, its good that you're taking the feedbacks seriously. We all start somewhere. I make lots of mistakes too, and i learn from feedbacks from others here :) Shoot more and enjoy the hobby. :)

the most obvious thing that need to be corrected is the "blur" as already pointed. To correct the blur shots, you must know what is the slowest shutter speed you can handheld comfortably with good rate of sharp images. and where to focus on, eyes. (already pointed out)

composition, the focus is too far right, try to place it on one of the node of thirds.

Don't be disheartened, its good that you're taking the feedbacks seriously. We all start somewhere. I make lots of mistakes too, and i learn from feedbacks from others here :) Shoot more and enjoy the hobby. :)

Not disheartened at all. I'll be getting my own Sigma 50mm 1.4 soon... I'll be back with more Photos!

the most obvious thing that need to be corrected is the "blur" as already pointed. To correct the blur shots, you must know what is the slowest shutter speed you can handheld comfortably with good rate of sharp images. and where to focus on, eyes. (already pointed out)

composition, the focus is too far right, try to place it on one of the node of thirds.

Will Work on it ;)