Merlion winning shots are here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any winner are of Clubsnap member?

I like the 3rd prize winner photo.
Some of the shots seem to be normal and even overexposed till the body wash out. From the name, I presumed all winners are from the Asia?

I just went to the exhibition today. Not very impressive. And among the merits, there are a couple of simlarly composed shots. Dunno why the judges let 2 similar shots win at the same time. A couple of fireworks shots too. Sent in mine (which I still think is better) but didn't win. :cry:

Regards
CK

Wah, is the 1st prize shot underexposed or izit my monitor calibration?! :eek: The whole of the right side is nothing but black colour on my monitor.

Originally posted by darkness
Wah, is the 1st prize shot underexposed or izit my monitor calibration?! :eek: The whole of the right side is nothing but black colour on my monitor.

It's your monitor and/or the scan they did. The actual print has some shadow details. :)

Regards
CK

Hmm... looked at the shots again.

Merit Prize Winner Tan Choon Lai's fireworks shot is better than the 2nd prize winner Ong Kian Chai's. And I still think my entry is better than Ong's. ;p

Cheong Kok Kheong and Tan Wee Pin's shots are similar. I don't see why BOTH should win at the same time.

And most of them Merits aren't very special.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
I just went to the exhibition today. Not very impressive. And among the merits, there are a couple of simlarly composed shots. Dunno why the judges let 2 similar shots win at the same time. A couple of fireworks shots too. Sent in mine (which I still think is better) but didn't win. :cry:

Regards
CK

I've seen your shot (you posted sometime back) and now seen theirs... and I think you should have won too! :(

It's your monitor and/or the scan they did. The actual print has some shadow details. :)

Guess it's more comforting to think it's the problem with their scanning... :p

Query of the day:

This is supposed to be an international comp. There are supposedly 2000+ entries received. Why are there no "international" winners? All appears to be local. I seriously don't think the foreigners can be that bad that thay can't even win a merit. Come on, it's 2000+ entries, I am sure foreigners would have entered too.

Something must be wrong somewhere.

Regards
CK

Query of the day:

This is supposed to be an international comp. There are supposedly 2000+ entries received. Why are there no "international" winners? All appears to be local. I seriously don't think the foreigners can be that bad that thay can't even win a merit. Come on, it's 2000+ entries, I am sure foreigners would have entered too.

Regards
CK

because forigners did not affix the right amount of stamp, therefore it was returned. ;p

Query of the day:

Regards
CK
*cough* *cough* because some foreigners did not submit... :D

The one from DR NG SIEW WENG can win? :eek: :eek:

Should send in mine... ;p

first prize not bad leh... did he shoot with a lowered camera down the platform?
the rest samasama lah, nothing we can't do without patience ;p ;)
the water waves were so bad that they splashed??

Status
Not open for further replies.