Merlion struck by lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
wa, then anything happened to it?

let's take a measure of the number of people who see this as some omen :bsmilie:

At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, I can't see why that is actually newsworthy.

It's a SIGN I tell yer!

All the major manufacturers should see that it's a clear message from above to reduce their prices in these hard times!

Merlion statue at Singapore River struck by lightning; suffers slight damage
28 February 2009 2219 hrs (SST) 1419 hrs (GMT)

SINGAPORE: In a rare incident, Singapore's longstanding icon, the original Merlion statue at the mouth of the Singapore River has been struck by lightning.

One witness told MediaCorp Radio's 938LIVE that orange sparks flew when lightning struck between 4 and 5pm at Merlion Park.

Staff in the vicinity said they heard an explosion followed by a loud thud when broken pieces fell to the ground.

About 30 people dashed into a nearby restaurant for safety.

Other onlookers continued to take photos of the 36-year-old tourism icon. - 938LIVE/vm

It's a SIGN I tell yer!

All the major manufacturers should see that it's a clear message from above to reduce their prices in these hard times!

:thumbsup:

IMHO,all things that have vertical orientation or height can be strucked by lightning. Next time they should put some lighting arrester on it, but the bad thing is that the merlion will have horns, or it will be UNIMERLION(unicorn-mermaid-merlion).:D

Lion did not strike the Merlion
The merlion struck the cloud with lightning

!!!

but it's such a pretty thing

i rather news report that than xmm get struck by lightning

Unless it got struck and change into some autobots or decepticon, that'll be interesting.

It's a SIGN I tell yer!

Especially all the Camera gear manufacturers hor.. :sticktong

Funny how the lightening actually struck it when much taller buidlings are nearby. Lightening discharge always find its way to the nearest tallest building. Can understand if there was nothing taller then the merlion then it gets hit. What are the odds of that happening? heheh

Last edited:
Especially all the Camera gear manufacturers hor.. :sticktong

Oh Mai!

Tonguenalingus to revive the poor lightning struck merlion! :devil:

ALL manufacturers lah...why be so selfish and only teenk of kamela manus? :bsmilie:

Funny how the lightening actually struck it when much taller buidlings are nearby. Lightening discharge always find its way to the nearest tallest building. Can understand if there was nothing taller then the merlion then it gets hit. What are the odds of that happening? heheh

Would have been quite a sight if the strike happened during PA08 on the last Sat during that torrential storm! :devil:

Wah... must go there tomorrow and cover this story.. see how bad the damage is.

Wah... must go there tomorrow and cover this story.. see how bad the damage is.

Take peekchures see size of damage and estimate how many hundreds of thousands of our hard-earned marnie is going to turn into the stone. :sweat:

Take peekchures see size of damage and estimate how many hundreds of thousands of our hard-earned marnie is going to turn into the stone. :sweat:

Worse still.... vomited into the stupid fake reservoir....

i hate to remind people that that's our mascot and we had raised money for charity because of it.

Dahleeng, we didn't raise money because of the merlion.

We rasied money because we wanted to help the Cyclone Nargis survivors. ;)

i hate to remind people that that's our mascot and we had raised money for charity because of it.

and it is one of the most beautiful things you can find in singapore in the morning, actually.

other than cats. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.