Meow! Slacking the day off

labound

Jul 11, 2011
Been lurking around Clubsnap for quite awhile; finally decided to join into sharing and too, hope to receive some critiques and comments (C&C) to improve. So here it goes!

Slacking the day off by LaboundCham, on Flickr

Theme: Street/ Animal
Lens used: Nikon 50mm F1.8G

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
All C&C's are welcomed. Appreciated to also include how you feel at first review of the photo.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Animal Character; in specific aspect that it shows the personality of an average cat.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- Taken by one of the walkways of Neil Road during a Foot-travel around the shop houses nearby Duxton.
- Photo taken while the cat was moving around it's paws and tail but felt this was the best posture to portray what i really want.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

Personally; I think there is focus however, it feels kinda dull as such that the only element is the Cat. Angle perspective might've been better if taken from a much lower height.

Should there be any more elements that could've improved the overall results; feel free to highlight. Thanks!

Last edited:
I am sorry, I do not see any picture...

No idea why it doesn't show~ but I've paste the link above. :)

Read this:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/articles-guides/832975-posting-your-picture-flickr.html

Posting the picture direct will make it easier to get comments... People don't like to click on links.

Some tips on pet photography, which too, applies to stray cat photos.. :)

Pet Photography Tips - Photographing Pets for Portraits

Your personal critique has already taken into account that the perspective is too high. If you shoot cats, you want to go to their level.

Photograph your pet on their level. Don't have them looking up at you unless this is how you wish the portrait to appear. Don't make them come to you. Instead, go to where they are most comfortable and see the world from their point of view. Sit on the grass, lie on the floor, whatever it takes. This is especially important for full body shots, which look best from the side rather than above.

Exposure wise, I guess it's fine, but is this really the best moment to shoot the cat? How do you engage the viewer with an aloof look. Is that your intention? Some food for thought.

Read this:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/articles-guides/832975-posting-your-picture-flickr.html

Posting the picture direct will make it easier to get comments... People don't like to click on links.

Some tips on pet photography, which too, applies to stray cat photos.. :)

Pet Photography Tips - Photographing Pets for Portraits

Your personal critique has already taken into account that the perspective is too high. If you shoot cats, you want to go to their level.

Exposure wise, I guess it's fine, but is this really the best moment to shoot the cat? How do you engage the viewer with an aloof look. Is that your intention? Some food for thought.

Thanks for the Flickr; problem solved! :) Thumbs up to the resource link shared! (Y)

Meanwhile; C&C's from others too pleaseeeee~ :3