Men's Parfum , colonge , frangrance recommendation .

Status
Not open for further replies.

kultchris

Jan 28, 2004
Hey guys .. just wondering wat r the nice brands of fragrance for men .. ladies do feel free to suggest too ..

There are too many to list; all depends on your skin chemistry too. I suggest you go to basenotes.net and check; sometimes you can get decants or partially used bottles (some SG sellers too) for a steal.

Oh, and my main suggestion: DO NOT WEAR WHAT EVERYONE TELLS YOU TO. You'll just smell like everyone else on the street because it's the "fad" smell. Find a unique scent from an unusual scenteur, like Diptyque, L'Artisans Parfumeur, etc and you'll stand out.

I use lacoste essential,chanel egosite,polo black and bvlgari mainly.

It does depend on your skin too.
For mine,the smell does not appear strong and will never last moe than half a day.

I use lacoste essential,chanel egosite,polo black and bvlgari mainly.

It does depend on your skin too.
For mine,the smell does not appear strong and will never last moe than half a day.

The ones you listed have poor longevity... There are others that will last all day and continue to make your laundry basket smell good... :D

The ones you listed have poor longevity... There are others that will last all day and continue to make your laundry basket smell good... :D

how can i check if the perfume have long/short fragrance span?

how can i check if the perfume have long/short fragrance span?

Check the review on basenotes. Longevity is one of the ratings.

any recommendation?

I personally use Paco Rabbane XS

XS is very good, but it has a strong sandalwood/cedar note that some girls like, others don't. What's really important is if *you* like it. :)

If you want a powdery/vanilla scent, Burberry Brit is good. If you want something unusual, try Givenchy Irresistable. It's like a hazelnut latte with a twist of cinnamon... Really gets good attention. :)

depend on which type u like.. fruity, musking, strong, sweet? recently just brought a Burberry for my guy fren.. quite nice. not too strong.. i 4get the name for it..

wow..is there also a forum for parfum?? didn't know that there was so much detail about just a simple and taken for granted parfum.. :dunno:

Davidoff's Cool Water for me. It's fresh and light, much better for me than those musky ones

wow..is there also a forum for parfum?? didn't know that there was so much detail about just a simple and taken for granted parfum.. :dunno:

er... maybe coz gal more troublesome ba.. i got a few prefumes of diff type to match my mood and clothes... haha.. most guys use 1 only?

i used to use CK crave .. but its no longer in production .. wish to get something of similar smell but like dun have leh ..

Morning I wear Watermelon Scent to stay fresh.

Afternoon is the time for Papaya and Starfruit Fragrance for its coolness.

For the evening out I often indulge in Pineapple Parfum for it's sharp and biting scent. :)

i like guys who wears polo xplorer, polo sport, polo black, ck contradiction or davidoff coolwater for casual days.

perfume is very very personal.

whatever you do, PLEASE do not overperfume like my colleague.

oh, it's not so simple or taken for granted at all. It's a huge, specialized industry.

i used to have more than 10 different type until i ended up with only 1... Clinique Happy! :D:D:D

i used to have more than 10 different type until i ended up with only 1... Clinique Happy! :D:D:D

I have about 40 bottles at home... I wear a different one depending on mood or occasion. :)

some of my favortites on a cold day like this are Musc Ravageur, Burberry Brit, CK Obsession Night, Paco Rabanne XS or Diptyque Tam Dao.

On a hot day, something like D&G pour homme or cool water.

FYI: Cool Water is actually a cheaper imitation of Creed Green Irish Tweed. If you like Cool Water, try Creed and if you have a sensitive nose you'll be able to smell how much cleaner and less artificial the Creed smells; Creed uses natural oils, Davidoff uses synthetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.