Men Great Inventions

Yappy

May 30, 2004
What are some of men great inventions. Simple but practical.

Please continue:

1. Cable tie
2. Velco tape
3. Zip

Electricity and the Lightbulb. I consider this as the Mother and Father of all inventions.

Without this, nothing else can be invented, and we are still in the darkness

Last edited:
Electricity and the Lightbulb. I consider this as the Mother and Father of all inventions.

No brother we have fire! This greatest of all because otherwise we freeze and starve...but we only think we invented that. haha

Who came up with soda straw and what is that all about??? LOL

Last edited:
No brother we have fire! This greatest of all because otherwise we freeze and starve...but we only think we invented that. haha

Who came up with soda straw and what is that all about??? LOL

Oh yeah u r right abt fire.

I consider electricity and lightbulb as the Modern invention, for mankind towards industrialisation. Fire was invented millions of years ago.

6. Paper

According to the late LKY,its air-conditioning.if im not wrong..

According to the late LKY,its air-conditioning.if im not wrong..

Yeah he did say that. But he further said that if someone can invent a personal air conditioning unit that can attached to a person's body, it would even be better!

Yeah, but these are biased towards Chinese invention

That is okay I think they are great inventions. Simple and practical. Changed the world. Go Chinese inventors...haha

Let's go way back and maybe talk technologies...like knapped flint tools. This allowed human brain to grow larger and evolve to make even more inventions. Then how about farming/agriculture? Sewing and clothes? Medicene? Music? Art? The camera obscura?

It is not the inventions that are remarkable really...it is the human being that is remarkable.

And lest we forget how about nunchukas??? Whaaa *Bruce Lee* hahaha

Last edited:
On a side note, I wonder how many of man's inventions had a lot of help from the fairer sex ;) Men like tinkering and toys; women tend to ask, "So what can it do?"

http://www.history.com/news/bertha-benz-hits-the-road-125-years-ago

"Bertha packed up one of her husband’s cars, the recently completed Patent-Motorwagen No. 3, and with her two teenage sons in tow set out to visit her mother in Pforzheim. She didn’t tell Karl beforehand, but instead left him a letter informing him of her plans.

The Benzes hit the road— which in many places turned out to be rocky, dusty and unpaved—with Bertha acting as both driver and automobile mechanic along the way. When she ran low on fuel, she sought out a local pharmacy that sold ligroin, the petroleum solvent used to run Karl Benz’s cars. She made an emergency repair to the car’s ignition with her garter. When the fuel line became clogged part of the way through their journey, Bertha was able to clear it using nothing more than her hairpin. Bertha is even credited with devising the world’s first pair of brake pads: when the car’s worn-down, wooden brakes began to fail, she asked a local shoemaker to install leather soles instead."

Don't forget we have the sun and plenty of sunshine in Singapore.

No activity needs to happen after dark except prayers. :)

Fire occurs in nature (as in Indonesia). So I am not sure about counting it as an "invention" of mankind - the "taming" of fire is another matter.

Don't forget we have the sun and plenty of sunshine in Singapore.

No activity needs to happen after dark except prayers. :)

Yeah. Without electricity and lightbulb invention, we have no smartphone, tablets, PCs, and still writing on paper or papryus and asking pigeons to fly across carrying the messages

As for me,after wheel the next great invention is gears. The toothed wheels.

for me, it's refrigeration, without which we wouldn't be able to preserve food.

condom……..