Memory for FX9

Status
Not open for further replies.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
Will a fast SD card have any effect on the operations of the fx9? Presently using kingston normal speed sd card.

it wont affect the normal operations but abit so if you use burst mode often. also a high speed memory card won't do you much good if your camera's write speed is not as fast as the cards write speed.

edit: according to this link from dpreview...
With write times averaging just under two seconds for a 6MP Fine JPEG the FX9 is no slouch - approximately 1600KB/s

binbeto said:
Thanks for the reply... Cure my buying itch a bit.. haa haa..
suggest you borrow a high speed mem card for test. it made a difference for me (FZ3) I shaved 50% of savings speed from using higher speed sd card. every seconds faster means you're ready for next shots sooner. ;p when you're taking group photos, try telling the people to wait 2-3 sec for successive shots. :bsmilie:

The Kingston blue one is the same as Toshiba blue one, normal speed. If u want high speed, can try the Toshiba white one (high speed), it does make a difference, but the price is much higher, not sure worth it or not.

if you want a fast card, can try Kinston elite pro, it appear in either the blue or the rare white version ;) usually cheaper than other brand as well hehe

Alright.. Back to the drawing board..

Maybe will sell off my 2x512 to get a high speed 1gb.. Dun really like changing card.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.