Memory Card value for money and result for D800

neesavi

Mar 9, 2007
Punggol
Hi ppl,
I am looking aroound for buying 32GB SD and CF card for my new D800. Any recomendations on the same ... !!! I am really looking for something which is value for money, than spending unreasonably on speed if not worth.

Cheers,
Nee

For CF I highly recommend Lexar 1000X CF cards. To me, value for money is to get the best I can afford, not the cheapest or the most expensive. I can safely say the Lexar is worth every cent I paid for it. For SD cards I recommend Sandisk Extreme or if you can afford it, Extreme Pro.

Of course your idea of value may differ from mine.

Lexar 1000x 32GB CF $267 from AP, Sandisk 32GB Extreme Pro SD from OP $129
one tip...never buy the cards or other accessories with the camera...sure kenna chop one...hehe

Last edited:
Lexar 1000x 32GB CF $267 from AP, Sandisk 32GB Extreme Pro from OP $129
one tip...never buy the cards or other accessories with the camera...sure kenna chop one...hehe

SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB CF $129? :eek:

Lexar 1000x 32GB CF $267?: :eek:

avsquare said:

That extreme pro should be SD card, If is CF I won't buy, cause worry to buy the fake copy

Made in China is original, If made in Chain's is different already.

Last edited:
That extreme pro should be SD card, If is CF I won't buy, cause worry to buy the fake copy

Made in China is original, If made in Chain's is different already.

HAHA made in Chain, is that a typo or really due to a fake?

But even so, Lexar 32G at that price is really unbelievable. Cos Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB CF is retailing at that price already.

I paid S$278 for Lexar 32gb CF card.

HAHA made in Chain, is that a typo or really due to a fake?

But even so, Lexar 32G at that price is really unbelievable. Cos Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB CF is retailing at that price already.

I paid S$278 for Lexar 32gb CF card.

From local retail shop? 1000X with warranty? If so, really a good buy. Where's it?

From local retail shop? 1000X with warranty? If so, really a good buy. Where's it?

Avsquare, I bought it during the last IT Show, my friend helped me get. Warranty is local, from Convergent or something. Got receipt and box with local distributor's sticker so pretty safe.

Avsquare, I bought it during the last IT Show, my friend helped me get. Warranty is local, from Convergent or something. Got receipt and box with local distributor's sticker so pretty safe.

I see, good buy indeed :)

avsquare said:

The sandisk is 104 at best bargain. Picked up 2 recently.

(These are the 95mb/s sd cards)

oops...sorry...sandisk is SD...:p
i think Rain5533 got some good price for his CF 1000x also.

For value, just get the sdc and forget about cf cards, ie if u dont need the dual card functionality.

For my use sandisk extreme 45 mbps is sufficient, prob half of what the cf version will cost u.

Btw if u really want cf, pls dont get brands other than sandisk and lexar, cos of compatibility issues...i had to sell off my 4 kingston 16gb cf cos of that

For value, just get the sdc and forget about cf cards, ie if u dont need the dual card functionality.

For my use sandisk extreme 45 mbps is sufficient, prob half of what the cf version will cost u.

Btw if u really want cf, pls dont get brands other than sandisk and lexar, cos of compatibility issues...i had to sell off my 4 kingston 16gb cf cos of that

What kind of compatibility issues?

avsquare said:
What kind of compatibility issues?

Just doesnt read....u can do a google for d800 CF card compatability issues, tons and tons of posts

This is quite true.
I just received my Sandisk SDHC card, Extreme 32GB, class 10 45MB/s yesterday; bought from Amazon for just short of USD32.
Website, Amazon in the US and the card came from Germany, made in China. That's globalisation.:)

Just doesnt read....u can do a google for d800 CF card compatability issues, tons and tons of posts

Hmm, that's bad.

For me, sometimes I think I would just pay for something better for the reliability..

avsquare said:
Hmm, that's bad.

For me, sometimes I think I would just pay for something better for the reliability..

Yes, d800 is very picky when it comes to memory cards, lol

Sandisk will be a safe bet... But then, recently my sandisk 32gb ultra micro sd which i use on my hp had bad sectors, so....

JimmyChooShoots said:
This is quite true.
I just received my Sandisk SDHC card, Extreme 32GB, class 10 45MB/s yesterday; bought from Amazon for just short of USD32.
Website, Amazon in the US and the card came from Germany, made in China. That's globalisation.:)

Yes...u prob can get from sim lim at sgd40, abt the same. I am using 4 of these for raw, plus a 8gb sandisk ultra cf for jpeg....so far so good. Dont do high speed shooting so no issues. Fast enough for video also.

Yes, d800 is very picky when it comes to memory cards, lol

Sandisk will be a safe bet... But then, recently my sandisk 32gb ultra micro sd which i use on my hp had bad sectors, so....

Actually, any card also can fail.. For Handphone, I've been using Kingston for some time, I think their microSD have been pretty good for that purpose and there isn't any failure.
For cameras, I tend to trust SanDisk. Yes, it's not 100% foolproof but afterall it's a brand that is highly recommended and celebrated by armatures to professionals alike, same as the Lexar, I think it should be pretty reliable compared to Kingston which have seen various reports of failure.

Maybe microSDs aren't SanDisk's thing? :bsmilie: