Memory card questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

takengo2003

Deregistered
Oct 6, 2003
What is the class for the Canon free 8gb given by Canon?

I heard it is class 4, but what is the speed in terms of 30x, 133x etc?

How about the speed of Class 6 and class 10? Thinking of buying a SD card with minimum class6,
but when i see some of the shops selling, they only state 133x, 166x, 533x did not state which class too, if i ask them
they may give me the wrong info. So will like to find out here. Thanks.

any recommendation for 16gb, need a fast card for taking HD video in my 500D.

any recommendation for 16gb, need a fast card for taking HD video in my 500D.
Actually the demand of video writing speed is not that great as compare to you machine gun your 3.5fps camera for 15 seconds. No need for high speed cards for HD video at all.

Last edited:
Hi TS.

You do not need a fast card to shoot HD videos on your 500D. What you need is a high capacity card.. IMO, at least 16GB.

Having said that, I have used Sandisk UltraII which gives me a reasonable speed for recording burst shots on my 450D previously.

Actually the demand of video writing speed is not that great as compare to you machine gun your 3.5fps camera for 15 seconds. No need for high speed cards for HD video at all.

i took Full HD very laging, wonder will there any improvement if use high speed card.

i saw sgcamera.com selling a photofast sd card 16gb at $175, so call rated at 533x, wonder is it good.

Have you consider Sandisk Extreme?

Head to Best Bargain at SLS level 5 and check out the price. :)

Have you consider Sandisk Extreme?

Head to Best Bargain at SLS level 5 and check out the price. :)

yes, infact i am considering sandisk extreme 16gb(200X) at $158 and photofast sd card (533x) at $175.

any idea what is the price for Sandisk Extreme 16gb at best bargain?

If using 500D to record 1080p video, yes, it will be lagging cos it's recording at only 20 frames per second.

Reduce it to 720, and you'll get a high fps rate.

yes, infact i am considering sandisk extreme 16gb(200X) at $158 and photofast sd card (533x) at $175.

any idea what is the price for Sandisk Extreme 16gb at best bargain?

I'm heading down to purchase a card myself. PM me your contact so I can relay the price to you. :)

If using 500D to record 1080p video, yes, it will be lagging cos it's recording at only 20 frames per second.

Reduce it to 720, and you'll get a high fps rate.

but the IQ will drop right?

Status
Not open for further replies.