Memories of Hokkaido

Hello Ryan,

I'm a newbie who recently had the luck to loan an SLR from a dear friend to learn and your photos are so inspiring to me! Thanks for sharing! I'm sure there are many more experts on the forum which i have not got the chance to see the works but your photos really got alot of 'feelings'! :D

May i ask if you or some of the experts gather regularly to take photos together?

Thanks,
Song

Thanks for ur comments Fireweed

Personally I love shooting in solitude, gives me more space and time to think and wander. There are some nice fellas here who shoots in groups, u can pm them as well or check out the Gatherings and Outings section.

If you got any queries u can always drop me a PM and I will be most glad to share with u whatever I know.

Ryan

Silver falls " 銀河の滝 " at Sounkyo

Taken in a cloudy drizzling evening. ( the whole day was basically gloom and rain )

( My wife was so nice to carry a brolly to shelter me - and my camera - tripod ) :heart:

# 202

3062755755_323593ba11_o.jpg

Ryan

Hello Ryan,

one question...When u use the PC lens to take e.g. paranomic shots, there is no need to even swivel your camera body to cover everything u want to take? just shifting along the axis allowed by the PC lens is enough?

Many thanks for your advice! ;)

Hello Ryan,

one question...When u use the PC lens to take e.g. paranomic shots, there is no need to even swivel your camera body to cover everything u want to take? just shifting along the axis allowed by the PC lens is enough?

Many thanks for your advice! ;)

Yes. U just shift the lens and take the various parts of pano, no need to rotate the camera or bother about nodal points etc.

Ryan

Thanks alot Ryan,

Now back to enjoying all those photos u guys took and hoping i can learn more. ;p

definitely an inspiring photographer for all.. u the man :)

I cant help but look back at this thread each time i think of Japan & the beauty of hokkaido.

Are you going back there next year?

I will most likely visit the place again either in march or september. Maybe we can plan a trip that coincides or something.. You go with your wife. Ill go with my sister. Haha ;p

cool photos ... how i wish could take pictures like this.

I been looking at this thread for like weeks... its like i am so addicted to it !!!!

seriously.. u got urself a fan here.. haha and it took my so long to read what is the words in the inprint of ur photo.. then i realized its a website URL .. hehe..

keep more coming if u hv..

We checked into our first hotel - Keio Plaza Hotel.
Great hotel with proximity to the JR Sapporo station, I would recommend this hotel :)

An umbrella locker outside the hotel
2741670402_6361ee1cf9.jpg

This is a very interesting subject. :thumbsup:
photocamel2.gif

Hi all, going Hokkaido in mid October which is the autumn period! Haven seen much autumn Hokkaido pics arnd here... Hopefully can capture the colored leaves and all :) 7 days around central and South Hokkaido. Any advise for those who have been there before?

this thread deserves to be up again.

Reposting on an old thread :p

# 203

Shooting Star Falls, just next to Silver Falls.

3059085110_6050b61c0e_o.jpg

Nice! How do you achieve this misty effect bro?

Nice! How do you achieve this misty effect bro?

hi i remembered the place was pretty fogged and drizzling when we went there. didn mistify it post processing though. not too sure if the multiple bits of water droplets on my lens front element did anything. i remember shooting with a brolly and having to clean the front element of the rain water every now and then. :)

sorry didn reply on ur much earlier queries, but i am sure u must have gotten a great trip in japan

ryan

Curious, how do you shoot a raging waterfall? I just started another thread on my Japan tour,

Day 7 went to Nikko to shoot Kegon falls. The moment lens exposed it's wet..umbrella doesn't help at all >.<

of course, got okay shots at a safe place, but the pay-to-enter platform at the base is basically 'raining' in all directions hahaha, which boasts the bests views to the human eye of course

Curious, how do you shoot a raging waterfall? I just started another thread on my Japan tour,

Day 7 went to Nikko to shoot Kegon falls. The moment lens exposed it's wet..umbrella doesn't help at all >.<

of course, got okay shots at a safe place, but the pay-to-enter platform at the base is basically 'raining' in all directions hahaha, which boasts the bests views to the human eye of course

no la it wasn't such a heavy downpour, but enough for me to use an umbrella to shield my camera. I was actually pretty far from the waterfall though, and only brought along with me a 24mm lens that trip. I shld have gotten something longer that day.

the silverfalls and shooting star falls can be viewed at various levels i think. mine was the one at the car park where everyone can shoot. apparently you can also get transport to go up higher in the opposite hill / mount to see the waterfalls opposite at a higher vantage point which was wat my sis did previously

ryan