Melbourne a terror target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jemapela

Feb 20, 2005
Melbourne
www.jemapela.com
First, US was crashed by 2 planes. Then Britain's subway was bombed.

It's quite obvious isn't it? When is Australia's turn?

Today, a news report says that an al-Qaeda videotape warns that Melbourne will be a target.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=62143

Over the years, Melbourne's popularity has been increasing, and has been called the world's most liveable city for 2 years running. The city has been called the retail, cultural, sports, food, and almost-everything-else, capital of Australia. Melbourne hosts the Formula 1 Grand Prix yearly, and will host the 2006 Commonwealth Games.

With the 2006 CG held so close to the F1 GP, record numbers of overseas tourists can be expected.

It would seem logical that Melbourne will be a sweeter target than Sydney.

According to Financial Times, Aug 05,
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/33cb0c4c-15a8-11da-8085-00000e2511c8.html

Singapore is in the hit list too. What is next? pack your bags and leave?? :dunno:

-------
Al-Qaeda ‘preparing to attack’ Asian city
By Martin Arnold in Paris
Published: August 25 2005 21:53 | Last updated: August 26 2005 03:02

Al qaeda globalAl-Qaeda is preparing an attack on a big financial centre in Asia, such as Tokyo, Sydney or Singapore, to undermine investor confidence in the region, France's top terrorist investigator warned yesterday.

Jean-Louis Bruguière told the Financial Times yesterday that several Asian countries were less prepared than the US or Europe for such an attack.

jeffhiew said:

Singapore is in the hit list too. What is next? pack your bags and leave?? :dunno:
1. Quit the jobs and stay at home.

2. Build an underground studio and shoot safely and peacefully.

3. Pray.

4. Resign to the probalility that some of us would be blown into pieces on board a peak hour MTR on the way to work. Meanwhile book yourself as many model shoots as possible. Live for today as tomorrow may never come.

jeffhiew said:

-------
Al-Qaeda ‘preparing to attack’ Asian city
By Martin Arnold in Paris
Published: August 25 2005 21:53 | Last updated: August 26 2005 03:02

Al qaeda globalAl-Qaeda is preparing an attack on a big financial centre in Asia, such as Tokyo, Sydney or Singapore, to undermine investor confidence in the region, France's top terrorist investigator warned yesterday.

Jean-Louis Bruguière told the Financial Times yesterday that several Asian countries were less prepared than the US or Europe for such an attack.
Whilst we are possible target, the key is not abt packing ur bags and fleeing to the mountains.

The point is to stay vilgilant. The threat is real. And of cos, dun dismiss it as 'one of those govt propaganda again' and let ur guard down cos when bombs really come and u see heads and hands fly, u don't blame the govt for not doing their part. U blame yourself. ;)

Jemapela said:
First, US was crashed by 2 planes. Then Britain's subway was bombed.

It's quite obvious isn't it? When is Australia's turn?

The question is not when, but why.
Why is it Australia's turn?

AReality said:

Haven't you followed the ridiculous war in Iraq?

Hong Sien

AReality said:

IN this crazy world, the 'WHY' doesn't really matter.

Got things just whack.

Maybe it will eventually be insensitive to show Flinders street station in photos.

There's no reason to attack Melbourne really. Melbourne people are generally such nice folks - except those who yell at old people in public parks who tell them not to feed the ducks.

But has that ever stopped the ragheads?:dunno:

But I have faith that the SASR will make them regret they ever pull such a stunt..:nono:

kahheng said:
There's no reason to attack Melbourne really. Melbourne people are generally such nice folks - except those who yell at old people in public parks who tell them not to feed the ducks.

Initially, that was what I thought too.

I've been living in this city for 3 years now, and I do find it generally warm and friendly. Even beggars are polite enough to use the word "please" and "thank you" when they approach you for money.

With this news report and the videotape warning (if it's authentic), it looks like I'm wrong.

AReality said:

hongsien said:
Haven't you followed the ridiculous war in Iraq?

I would like to echo Hong Sien's comments.

It's clearly got something to do with attacking America's 2 closest allies in Iraq, Britain and Australia. The "why" is not quite the question. It's the "when" that's of greater concern.

Not so long ago, Sydney was more often thought to be the sweeter target but the video (if authentic) seems to indicate otherwise.

Probably unknown to many Singaporeans, the day after London's subway was bombed, police presence in the city was greatly increased just to calm the public, as reported in the news in Melbourne.

Since then, the volume of peking ducks, roast ducks and Foie Gras has soared. :bsmilie:

And the man who yelled at old people actually ate these dishes in the same park.

:devil:

wah, lucky i jus back from trip at melb .. sekali i see the tram fly off, just like the double decker at London . ..

Status
Not open for further replies.