melancholy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frawr

Jul 30, 2005
singapore.
link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/quiescency/miscellaneous/khairulspicture.jpg

46686720_9bb63e6312.jpg

taken during sports' day, cropped image.
girl preparing during pre-race.

improvements pointers gladly appreciated.

Try to avoid shooting the rear of a person unless you really have some particular idea in mind that would be impossible to convey without shooting from the front.

In this case, it seems more like you were too shy to shoot from the front and hence took her rear as IMO the shot from the rear here doesnt work because of uninteresting foreground or the seeming lack of motive. Try going round and shooting her front or side profile at least, perhaps a lower angle might be nice here too.

If you're a photographer on sports day, go all out to shoot people around the track as well. Being a large event, most people will gamely strike a pose for you or react spontaneously to the camera in a positive way. It's fine if they notice you. You'll get candids later when they become accustomed to having a photog. walking around.

Stoned said:
Try to avoid shooting the rear of a person unless you really have some particular idea in mind that would be impossible to convey without shooting from the front.

In this case, it seems more like you were too shy to shoot from the front and hence took her rear as IMO the shot from the rear here doesnt work because of uninteresting foreground or the seeming lack of motive. Try going round and shooting her front or side profile at least, perhaps a lower angle might be nice here too.

If you're a photographer on sports day, go all out to shoot people around the track as well. Being a large event, most people will gamely strike a pose for you or react spontaneously to the camera in a positive way. It's fine if they notice you. You'll get candids later when they become accustomed to having a photog. walking around.

Agree. photograph doesn't show much, and it could be quite rude too to show the behind... unless there is a reason to do so.

Anyway, that's my old JC...;)

Stoned said:

most of my sports'day pictures are rear shots because i didn't want them to react to the camera and remain candid/natural, so that's noted. :)
i was probably too concerned about the pictures not being posed too much, but i'll learn to avoid being anal about that. thanks for the tips, greatly appreciated :D

blive said:
Agree. photograph doesn't show much, and it could be quite rude too to show the behind... unless there is a reason to do so.

Anyway, that's my old JC...;)

haha okay. i wanted the picture to represent one of the five houses too, since the houseshirt is relatively nice with its large word print.

mm 'gather round your alma mater' huh? haha. thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.