Meike MK-320 Flash

I have one such unit. It's an alright flash, and the low price point is good (less than $90?). Attractive design too with its LCD panel. Comes also with a Stofen-type diffuser. USB charging makes it super convenient to bring on trips.

Minor quibbles: the battery level indicator seems to drop extremely fast from 3 full bars to 2 bars, even with light use. Doesn't affect its functioning though, just annoying.

Not a scientific observation: from cold start, the MK-320 takes a few seconds to start-up indeed, and it feels somewhat more sluggish than the units I previously had using 4 AAs. Interestingly though, the flash doesn't seem to stop the camera from firing shots even if its not been fully charged up for a new shot - though it will likely lead to underexposed shots.

Basically, the MK-320 is fine for me as a back-up or I'm taking time to set-up a shot, or I'm traveling. But my other 4AA flash guns are my preferred if I need something more responsive.

One of my concerns it that it only uses 2 batteries...

Does it fire up quickly?

I had Meike and Olympus 36r. Both run with 2 batteries..I see Meike is slightly quicker than 36r..Its just based on observation

I had Meike and Olympus 36r. Both run with 2 batteries..I see Meike is slightly quicker than 36r..Its just based on observation
i bought m43 unit from lazada last mth, realised that if the cam is turn on first, the flash unit can't power up..if power flash up then turn on camera it works fine...usage wise no problem lighting up living room with 16 people family portrait... returned to lazada within 14 days of delivery...maybe wait a while before order again....last yr i ordered the same set for my sony A7s, no issues so far..

I finally bought one...

Can't seem to make it work with my EPL2... Will try to figure it out again this coming weekend...

So far, test shots (using my EM10) are ok... Real test will be this May during our office family day