Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

leowyien

Jan 31, 2010
Serangoon
Anyone went to megatex on 17 dec 2010? I was there trying out with the D7000 when the salesman asked me if he could help. i said i was just seeing and instead of saying something like "sure" or "no prob", he glared at me intently and wont give up even after i toyeed with it for 5 min.... So wad if i'm a kid :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Anyone went to megatex on 17 dec 2010? I was there trying out with the D7000 when the salesman asked me if he could help. i said i was just seeing and instead of saying something like "sure" or "no prob", he glared at me intently and wont give up even after i toyeed with it for 5 min.... So wad if i'm a kid

cause ur still a kid:bsmilie: they are more worried abt u dropping the camera.

relax. enjoy while ur still a kid. a lot of benifits one. i'm starting to dread the end of my "kid" life already. harder to justify stuff, and ppl's expectation are starting to rise sky high:)

cause ur still a kid:bsmilie: they are more worried abt u dropping the camera.

relax. enjoy while ur still a kid. a lot of benifits one. i'm starting to dread the end of my "kid" life already. harder to justify stuff, and ppl's expectation are starting to rise sky high:)

You can still be considered a kid wad....

wat do you mean by little ppl - people there are small in size? :bigeyes:

Or is it unlike those IT show, so crowded that you could hardly move? :bsmilie:

I guess there is hardly any great bargains to be found.:think:

wat do you mean by little ppl - people there are small in size? :bigeyes:

Or is it unlike those IT show, so crowded that you could hardly move? :bsmilie:

I guess there is hardly any great bargains to be found.:think:

Less ppl sry for tht mistake

I bought a laptop there.....:bheart::bheart:

The kid means

Little People

Literal (bad) translation of Chinese to English

小人

meaning

People who are narrow minded and with low-class character

He did not mean there were a few people in the exhibition.

I have decided not to buy from all these Mega fairs anymore. Service is poor and the squeezing with the crowd is not worth it.

Last time in Sep, I helped my friend buy Sony from xxxxx booth at level where it all starts. They bei "Song" to let me try the camera. Say "No testing". AND he is the SUPERVISOR! Stare at me some more.

I bought a laptop there.....:bheart::bheart:[/QUOTE]

would like to check are there any store selling pc tablet (not so popular brand from china)?
thnks..
bty y u heartbreak after bought a laptop? kanna chopped?

ya la me now also still a kid... need to tahan one more year for my driving license... haiz.. sigh..

I have decided not to buy from all these Mega fairs anymore. Service is poor and the squeezing with the crowd is not worth it.

Last time in Sep, I helped my friend buy Sony from xxxxx booth at level where it all starts. They bei "Song" to let me try the camera. Say "No testing". AND he is the SUPERVISOR! Stare at me some more.

Next time when trying out a camera, bring a BIG lens along, and tell them straight that the lousy lens they have can't test the camera, use yours lens.

问他怕未:)

The kid means

Little People

Literal (bad) translation of Chinese to English

小人

meaning

People who are narrow minded and with low-class character

He did not mean there were a few people in the exhibition.

This is one intelligent photographer:thumbsup::thumbsup:

little people?!?!?
I wonder if it make it to newpaper headline: Hobbit spotted at Singapore Megatex 2010.
LOL.

Anyone went to megatex on 17 dec 2010? I was there trying out with the D7000 when the salesman asked me if he could help. i said i was just seeing and instead of saying something like "sure" or "no prob", he glared at me intently and wont give up even after i toyeed with it for 5 min.... So wad if i'm a kid :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Next time you go with me.

I'll tell the salesman you're my son. :bsmilie:

Anyone went to megatex on 17 dec 2010? I was there trying out with the D7000 when the salesman asked me if he could help. i said i was just seeing and instead of saying something like "sure" or "no prob", he glared at me intently and wont give up even after i toyeed with it for 5 min.... So wad if i'm a kid :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I think it is more or less the same level of courtesy for both megatex/sitex and normal shopping.
most of the time the sales people bo chup and just stand far away until I want to pay $.

Last edited:
either way, cannot please 100% customers one.

If dont disturb and leave them alone to try the camera, there are those who say no service or even complain the sales are lazy. If everytime disturb when they are trying the camera, again the same thing except that rather then lazy will become irritating and so on.

As for why he paid attention....now its not unheard off for the kids to scout the camera first and then buy or wait for dad to buy for them. Nowadays, its quite possible for kids to be carrying $1000 note in their pockets to buy camera during IT Fairs.