Megapixels

grandmaster33

Sep 13, 2011
The following statement sounds confusing. How can one produce a photo less than 3 megapixels given the stated requirement?
Or did I interprete wrongly?:think:

"The size of your images must be a minimum of 2,048 X 1,536 or (1,536 X 2,048) pixels in
JPEG format. The entries submitted online should not be larger than 3 megapixels, "

The following statement sounds confusing. How can one produce a photo less than 3 megapixels given the stated requirement?

"The size of your images must be a minimum of 2,048 X 1,536 or (1,536 X 2,048) pixels in
JPEG format. The entries submitted online should not be larger than 3 megapixels, "

Can.

http://web.forret.com/tools/megapixel_aspect.asp?mp=3

The above site should explain a bit better.

Last edited:

Sounds like typo, mixing up Megapixel and Megabyte.
The first line is a general requirement, maybe for pictures submitted via CD/DVD.
The second line refers to online submissions. For online submissions (e.g. email) the file size should not be too large in order not to jam the email servers and inboxes. 3MB is more than enough.

the sentence is contradictory. the first part asks for a minimum 3 megapixel image.
i believe the second part should ask for a file size limit of 3 megabytes, not megapixels.
better to check with the organizer.

the sentence is contradictory. the first part asks for a minimum 3 megapixel image.
i believe the second part should ask for a file size limit of 3 megabytes, not megapixels.
better to check with the organizer.

Yep...it has to be a typo..saw a new link and file size shall not exceed 3 MB for online submission..

Thanks all.