MegaPixels or Sharpness of Len

desmondsoon

Feb 24, 2010
Hi All

I was wondering which is more impt, more MP or a good sharp lens.?

The Canon 550 D is 18 MP but the kit lens are not that good for image quality based in what I have read.

Hi All

I was wondering which is more impt, more MP or a good sharp lens.?

The Canon 550 D is 18 MP but the kit lens are not that good for image quality based in what I have read.

Lens..

Do note with higher megalpixels on a smaller sensor(1.6x), it can't deliver though pixel density is very high.. With higher pixel density, it might suffers from lower dynamic range, reduced high ISO performance, diffraction issues etc.. By adding even more pixels without increasing the size of the sensor, quality are compromised on the already "stressed out" small APS-C sensor.

Do invest in a higher end quality lens that can support the sensor's increased resolution capability.. Kit lens imho, can't deliver..

My 2 cents worth :)

both are equally important.

a 24 megapixel dslr with a soft lens will remain soft.

a 6 megapixel dslr with a sharp lens, you can only print it that large. but of course for most hobbyists, how large do you want to print?

therefore if i really had to choose one, i would choose the lens over the body.

both are limiting factors.

Both is best! 24MP + Carl Zeiss 135mm f/1.8. :D

lens - you can take pictures without megapixels but you cant without a lens.

The answer is almost better glass every time. U can always trust the manufacturers to pump in more and more MP for every subsequent model.

ryan

lens for sure! =)
in current dslrs, i belive 99.99999% :bsmilie: of consumers don't fully utilise the high megapixels that are available to us.

Thank you all - for your replies. I understand now. Tks again

lens for sure! =)
in current dslrs, i belive 99.99999% :bsmilie: of consumers don't fully utilise the high megapixels that are available to us.

CS got 100k+ members leh. like that only one person needing the high res ;p

lens - you can take pictures without megapixels but you cant without a lens.

unless you're shooting with a pinhole camera.. ;)

definitely lens imho. There are very few lenses that also actually out-resolve the newer higher-MP sensors, and they're also really expensive

They are both important.

Megapixel- get the amount you need can already
Lens- get the best if ever possible:bsmilie: