Megadeth & black sabbath concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoobiee

Jul 30, 2007
East of SG
onzoob.com
Hot damn, megadeth and black sabbath concert one day after the other.

I've been huge fans of both bands when i was in my teens..but my tastes changed to progressive rock over the years.

Nonetheless, I'm still considering going for BOTH concerts :D

Anyone confirmed going?

Z

Yeah, me and my bro. For both. There was another thread on this somewhere here. :D I'm more into heavier stuff these days, like black, death, melo-death metal. But i listen to prog rock/metal too.

Yeah, me and my bro. For both. There was another thread on this somewhere here. :D I'm more into heavier stuff these days, like black, death, melo-death metal. But i listen to prog rock/metal too.

Here is my thread:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=308938&highlight=megadeth

Hey got any melo-death metal band to recommend? I dun quite understand the word melo. Better melodies like Iron Maiden?

It's short for melodic death metal. It's also sometimes to referred to as the "Gothenburg sound" since band of the pioneers of this genre were from there.

Anyway, some good examples to start with would be: Dark Tranquillity, At the Gates, In Flames (stick to stuff from Clayman and before, their newer stuff is more metalcore), Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Wintersun (not much from this band tho).

It's short for melodic death metal. It's also sometimes to referred to as the "Gothenburg sound" since band of the pioneers of this genre were from there.

Anyway, some good examples to start with would be: Dark Tranquillity, At the Gates, In Flames (stick to stuff from Clayman and before, their newer stuff is more metalcore), Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Wintersun (not much from this band tho).

Thanks! Heard of CoB and Arch Enemy. Which album will you recommend from them?

Thanks! Heard of CoB and Arch Enemy. Which album will you recommend from them?

You've asked the right person! I've got all their albums except the latest Arch Enemy one (which I will be ordering from Amazon.com soon).

Anyway, my picks would be:

Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll

You've asked the right person! I've got all their albums except the latest Arch Enemy one (which I will be ordering from Amazon.com soon).

Anyway, my picks would be:

Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll

Thanks man. I will hunt for it. Hope local stores have them so dun need to order online and wait. Think HMV has them.

Can bring camera or not? :)

Dun think so but PnS, I think can smuggle in la.

Thanks man. I will hunt for it. Hope local stores have them so dun need to order online and wait. Think HMV has them.

I've been buying all my Metal CDs from amazon.com. I think by now about 250++ CDs liao. If you bring in around 10 cds at a time, each works out to be around S$28 including shipping and everything. There are shops where you can find this kinda music but it's usually S$32++ each + the range isn't good at all. A lot of stuff also cannot find. *sigh*

BTW, Dream Theater fans, they will be back to SG again!

DATE
17 January 2008 8pm

VENUE
Fort Canning Park

TICKET PRICE (Excludes $2 Booking Fee)
S$95

TICKETS GO ON SALE MONDAY OCTOBER 8TH AT ALL SISTIC OUTLETS!

i be at the Black Sabbath gig............

Guys! Its this weekend!

Check out today's ST Life section!

2003759537581999540_rs.jpg

2003708695538469446_rs.jpg

Holy crap! FHM have a $250 deal that includes: VIP entry, 6 cans of beer, finger food, your own FHM girl-host and bath tub! :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.