Meerkat

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
1.in what area is critique to be sought?

I will like feedback on the composition.
but anything that's deemed wrong, please feel free to comment.
i posted this pic because i was reading through eikin's examples of criticisms, and came across a pic of the meerkat.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

nothing.i just tot they are way too cute so i took the shot.i like the way they look in the same direction.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

an impromptu zoo trip to try out my teleconverter.
under casted skies.
emotions?dun think i have any.maybe would just like to feeeeeel what it's like shooting wild life.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

i like the cuteness of these creatures.i think the bokeh is good.and i like the way they look in the same direction.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Not bad at all. I think your DOF was a bit too shallow though, the fur at the edges looks oof. Perhaps a slightly warmer tone?

raptor84

Dec 6, 2005
Singapore
www.furry-photos.com
Compositionally i like how the 2 heads are aligned but the one on top seems to attract more attention. I think if the other head was slight under the nose of the top one it might work better :) Pity about the overcast sky that makes the eyes look a little lifeless though.

Overall good subject isolation with something more than a normal portrait pose.

Dec 7, 2006
west side!
love meerkats, the stare is infectious, makes me wonder wat they thinking at times.

like the pose, but maybe crop off the right side. maybe a tighter crop.

how about a square crop, just for the heads. brings out the expression in their eyes. the body is kinda redundant unless u wanna convey the cuteness. same goes for the bokeh.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
love meerkats, the stare is infectious, makes me wonder wat they thinking at times.

like the pose, but maybe crop off the right side. maybe a tighter crop.

how about a square crop, just for the heads. brings out the expression in their eyes. the body is kinda redundant unless u wanna convey the cuteness. same goes for the bokeh.
all comments noted.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom