Medium format (xpan,mamiya 7) or convert to digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steved22

Aug 25, 2008
I would like to know various opinions on switching to digital capture using either a oly E 3, Nikon D300, or Canon 5D I am contemplating selling my xpan to go into digtal I love film, but it is getting harder to develop well in labs and more expensive. I mainly do scenic or nature photography as an amateur. I enlarge to 11 x 14. I love B and W. I am also looking at fuji s 5 due to DR and the foveon chip intrigues me. I know that these ?'s have been asked before, but I am new here. Also I will not spend hours on PC so I want something that looks great out of camera or just mild lightroom or PS work thanks steved:bsmilie::cool:

I would like to know various opinions on switching to digital capture using either a oly E 3, Nikon D300, or Canon 5D I am contemplating selling my xpan to go into digtal I love film, but it is getting harder to develop well in labs and more expensive. I mainly do scenic or nature photography as an amateur. I enlarge to 11 x 14. I love B and W. I am also looking at fuji s 5 due to DR and the foveon chip intrigues me. I know that these ?'s have been asked before, but I am new here. Also I will not spend hours on PC so I want something that looks great out of camera or just mild lightroom or PS work thanks steved:bsmilie::cool:

Try Nikon D700?

Status
Not open for further replies.