medium format film/120 film

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much does 1 roll of the above film cost? and are processing charges the same as 35mm?

thinking of getting a holga as a gift, but don't want the receipient to spend a bomb on film and processing

thks in advance for your answers!

120 is a little cheaper than 135, processing about the same, but you get 12 shots per roll on 6x6. And oh yea, I believe printing is not cheap.

;) Any recommendations on where to process it?

Try Konota, so far i sent my 120 film there for developing. They charge $0.70 per print and $3.50 for developing. Depends on the format you take and preference, you can print it 4X5, 4X4 or 4R. You will like what you see on the 120 negative or slides! It's about 5 times bigger that your normal 135 format! Have fun trying out with medium format!

ya, it ain't that much expensive compared to shooting 35mm if you look at it from a "each roll" point of view, don't compare it as "each frame"

Ruby does b/w 120 for 8.50, which includes a contact print, since the neg. is quite big, the contact print itself is quite usable :p

i called ruby and the guy said it costs more than 10 bucks for colour contact sheet... said it is better to make actual prints for about 10 bucks...

anyone can give me the market price for developing the 120 (CN film) as well as for making prints? what sizes are there anyway??

the quotes i get are sooooo varied!

many thanks!!

Originally posted by kristlbel
how much does 1 roll of the above film cost? and are processing charges the same as 35mm?

thinking of getting a holga as a gift, but don't want the receipient to spend a bomb on film and processing

thks in advance for your answers!

mmm...sorri lay cause i buy 120 film from johore.....cheaper there....plus company paying some more....i think a box of Kodak Pro 160(box of 5) cost abt 21 to 25 bucks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.