Medium Format Course No.1 - 11th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Image

Oct 31, 2003
Last planet from the sun
Hi everyone,

Stanley Lim Colour Centre is opening a new course for everyone who is interested in learning how to use a Medium Format Camera effectively. For this intensive course, Stanley will be covering areas like compositions, maintanience of the camera(those who own one), advantage and disadvantages of using Meduim Format Camera, the differances between a 35mm and a Medium Format and others.

Course will start on OCT 11 Monday 7.00pm-10.00pm

There will be a Studio & Location shoot. The location shoot will be done on the weekend around afternoon time as most of you all work during weekdays. I will arrange the time and place to meet up.

-Full Details-
Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, 122 Middle Road)
Instructor: Stanley
Course fee: $400
Models : Hiring A Professional Model for each shoot
Photographers : MAX 6 ( Each has their personnal time to shoot)
Duration : Once a week
Time : 7-10pm ( For theory and first practical lesson)
Equipment : Equipment will be provided but we highly encourage those who have one would be the best to bring down. You can bring down any Medium Format camera such as Mamiya, Hassalblad, Seagull, Any TLR (Twin Lens Reflex), Bronica, Fuji, Pentax, Rolleiflex and others.
Lightings : Provided for Studio
Others : Tripod is needed for this course. So please be prepared for it as for location shooting usage.

-Package details-
1st lesson : Theory - Learn the basic theory about what Medium Format Photography is. You will be learning on how to use and shoot and compose. There will be a trial setup of lighting to show you all on what you all be expecting in the following shoot. There will be different skills and techniques involve.

2nd lesson : Studio Practical course - You will be shooting a Female Model. Stanley will be guiding each every individual on what to look out for. Each Photographer will get to shoot a roll of film for free plus we will develope 4R size prints.

3rd lesson : Theory - Review, critics and comments on the photos taken from your 1st Practical lessons. Stanley will be advising all of you on what went wrong and how to improve from here. Other comments are welcome. We will be discussing on what to look our for your outdoor shoot.

4th lesson : Outdoor Practical course - You will be shooting a Female Model. Again there will be a roll of film provided for free with printing.

-Additional Perks-
For you info, models are provided with Make-up and Hair Styling by Professional Make-up Artist. No charges will be incurred as it is part of the course. After the last lesson, those who is interested to bring down their photos individually or as a group will be fine with me. Stanley will be at his studio but please sms or call me before going down. If there is unforseen circumstances while attending this course half way and miss a lesson, Stanley will replace one for you on his next intake.

-Deposit-
A deposit of $100.00 have to be paid upon signing up this course. Full payment MUST be paid on the first lesson. You can transfer the money through my POSB or DBS account. If you are interested, I will PM you my account details. Thanks.

-Free-
All students will be giving 2 hours free for usage of studio anytime but must make an appointment. This is will be given after you all finish the course.

Name list (Your nicks will remain private)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

-End of the course-
After attending my course, you may want to do your own personalized shoots. I will be glad to assist you if need any help. Although you are paying premium fees for your own models and make-up artist by yourself in the beginning but the folio will be far better off as you control the situation, not others.

We can provide models as well if you are unable to find one....

Please feel free to make enquiries if there is anything you are not sure of. You can PM me guys and gals.

THAKS FOR VIEWING!!!

Pro Image said:
Name List

1) CL
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Thank you for starting ball rolling....... :D

Do I require to bring one medium format camera for this course?

skyboy said:
Do I require to bring one medium format camera for this course?

Hehehe ..... based on this phrase :

"
Equipment will be provided but we highly encourage those who have one would be the best to bring down. You can bring down any Medium Format camera such as Mamiya, Hassalblad, Seagull, Any TLR (Twin Lens Reflex), Bronica, Fuji, Pentax, Rolleiflex and others.
"

I should say it is optional to bring one MF carmea for the course. Of course it would be better if you will bring your own camera as sooner or later you will need to be familiarise with your own camera.

blurblock said:

"
Equipment will be provided but we highly encourage those who have one would be the best to bring down. You can bring down any Medium Format camera such as Mamiya, Hassalblad, Seagull, Any TLR (Twin Lens Reflex), Bronica, Fuji, Pentax, Rolleiflex and others.
"

I should say it is optional to bring one MF carmea for the course. Of course it would be better if you will bring your own camera as sooner or later you will need to be familiarise with your own camera.

Thanks bb for the explainatory!

blurblock said:

"
"

Thanks. :)

Name List

1) CL - Confirm -
2) NK80 - Reserved -
3)
4)
5)
6)

Thank you for starting ball rolling....... :D

Hi guys and girls.......

Just to let you know further, this course not only let you learn how to use a Medium Format camera. Stanley will teach you all how to take full advantage of the camera and things that you will never thought of using it. Learn how to compose and expose your films/slides correctly.

Learn the advantages and disadvantages about using a medium format so you do not waste precious time and money as well. After learning this course you will be thinking the magic of a Medium Format when you start to compare to a SLR/DSLR! Hehe........

So step right up boys and girls to a wider dimension in photography.

Name List

1) CL - Confirm -
2) NK80 - Reserved -
3)
4)
5)
6)

Thanks!

Lets compare the quality of 120 medium format with SLR AND DSLR! You will love it and never forget about it.

Name List

1) CL - Confirm -
2) NK80 - Confirm -
3)
4)
5)
6)

Hope to see more participants! I know it's a long wayyyy (OCT 11) to go but at least we are giving you enough time to reschedule your timing and collect some $$$$....keke:D

Thanks!

Date has been change to 18th instead of 11th as Stanley has reservist.

1) CL - Confirm -
2) NK80 - Confirm -
3)
4)
5)
6)

Sorry for the inconvience.......

Thanks!

Let me learn basic shooting first... Then go into mdium format.

Just to check. Is this SLCC related to SICC (Singapore Island Country Club)?

Is Stanley a photoguru?? Very good?? If yes then must quickly learn basic then can sign up for course.

By the way, I nowadays use D100. Never really took any course. But I guess I learnt the hard and expensive way...

So easy...
Shoot and see...
Can delete if not happy...

jamestan said:
Let me learn basic shooting first... Then go into mdium format.

Just to check. Is this SLCC related to SICC (Singapore Island Country Club)?

Is Stanley a photoguru?? Very good?? If yes then must quickly learn basic then can sign up for course.

By the way, I nowadays use D100. Never really took any course. But I guess I learnt the hard and expensive way...

So easy...
Shoot and see...
Can delete if not happy...

No. We are not related to SICC. I have to emphasize that Stanley is not a photoguru. He is just a photographer like you and me, he loves photography, he likes to share his knowledge with others. So never say he is a photoguru.

Hope to see you soon, not only you but eveybody. Welcome everybody to our Stanley Lim Colour Centre.

Toto38 said:
No. We are not related to SICC. I have to emphasize that Stanley is not a photoguru. He is just a photographer like you and me, he loves photography, he likes to share his knowledge with others. So never say he is a photoguru.

Hope to see you soon, not only you but eveybody. Welcome everybody to our Stanley Lim Colour Centre.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess after all these years, I am still learning the finer points of photography. It is an art form and like any art form, it has no end. Leave you with a quote:

"One man's meat is another man's poison".

Hope to learn more from all you kind people out there.

Just to remind everybody that you NEED NOT have to get yourself a Medium Format Camera, cos we have Medium Format Camera for you to use.

We will have a model for the studio and the outdoor shoot each time. The professional model!! Don't think anymore just come down to us, we will help you to understand more about this course.

Of cousre you must have some basic photography knowledge, cos you must known how to shoot with the camera after attended the course.

wah.... :eek:

just when i was thinking, how to print huge photos with good resolution.... this pops up!

arghh..

Yes, need not wonder too much. You want to print huge prints.....Medium Formats will let you do it. Will you have any problem printing a 30 x 40 inch photo? NOPE.......and it's able to maintain the sharpness, brightness and contrast.

Many of us may have a set of Medium Format cameras but look at the results that you are getting....is it justifiable? Imagine if you own a Mamiya 645 for example....how many good shots can you get?

A roll of 120mm film will run about 14-15 frames (sometimes 16) and which is quite costly if you do not get the right exposures and compositions. So instead of wasting your effort, time and money in the beginning, why not learn how to expose and compose first before really venturing into the world of photography in the larger form.

As Toto38 have mentioned, if you do not own a Medium Format camera they will loan you one absolutely free when you attend the course. On top of attending the course you are given time to shoot some models as well. Plus if you miss a class or two, they will be more than happy to replace one for you according to your hectic schedule.

Actually when you learn photography, doesn't matter if it's Medium Format or Black n White or Still Life.......the most important is you are enjoying it. We try our best to cater to all the students need and as well try to rectify any problem they face.

Photography is all about practical skills and we can't really give you an answer when we look at a photo on the net. The best is always observing how you shoot, compose and direct a shot. You will be able to learn instanly on the spot when we personnaly observed the mistakes that you make. You will get instant feedback rather than going by yourself to shoot and post on the net asking whether this is a good shot.

Sure I do give some comments every now and then but to me it's limited. Some images have been post process, some have crop and even some have change their original photo colours. Learning and getting the right tips on the spot is always fun and a big probability that you learn not only your mistakes but learn how to use your equipment more efficiently.

So hope to really see more participants to join the up and coming course.

Anyway, thanks again for those who have sign up and inquire about the course.

kaoz.. you should be in sales... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

ok lemme think about it.. it's not that i dun wanna learn.. it's the TIME i dun have.. :(

anyway well said, i really do believe learning is best when u are doing it, and someone is able to correct u on the spot. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.