Media pass to a sport event, will u volunteer?

will u volunteer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Netasia

May 31, 2005
Hi all, just want to find out how many of you are willing to volunteer as a photographer to cover an event, if the copyrights of the all the photo taken belongs to the organiser, in exchange for the media pass?

Meaning you are not allow to sell the photos you have taken and the organiser have all rights to the photos. You are allow to use the photos for the purpose of sharing and learning and only if you credit the organiser.

Hi all, just want to find out how many of you are willing to volunteer as a photographer to cover an event, if the copyrights of the all the photo taken belongs to the organiser, in exchange for the media pass?

Meaning you are not allow to sell the photos you have taken and the organiser have all rights to the photos. You are allow to use the photos for the purpose of sharing and learning and only if you credit the organiser.

sounds like what i did for YOG. if i need the experience i dun mind. if i got free time i dun mind.

i'll vote yes, conditionally.

sounds like what i did for YOG. if i need the experience i dun mind. if i got free time i dun mind.

i'll vote yes, conditionally.

So would i.

@ TS.
Thats what a lot of wired services do anyway but usually their house photographers have unrestricted freedom to move for their shots in such events.

The media pass can access all areas?

So would i.

@ TS.
Thats what a lot of wired services do anyway but usually their house photographers have unrestricted freedom to move for their shots in such events.

The media pass can access all areas?

thats because those photographers are paid. ts is asking for volunteers.

i am not sure what is worse. businesses trying their luck or service providers not valuing their work.

shoot for free and so many regulations??
no tks

At my leisure. A big maybe.

As a volunteer under the direction of the event organizer for the period of the event? Forget it

Depends on what activity, if it's high profile most people will take.

But you really need some basic understanding to shoot sports, which most people don't know.

please use some common sense,

if you want to shoot for free to gain experience and exposure, that will only work when no one or very little people willing to shoot for free.

if many people already willing to shoot for free, the organiser able to pick the best out of a big pool of photographers.

So even you are willing, you may not even given a chance.

Since the organiser able to have constant supply of FREE and GOOD photographers, who need to hire a photographer?

when there is no prospect in this genre of photography, tell me who is the one suffer the most?

if you want to shoot for free to gain experience and exposure, that will only work when no one or very little people willing to shoot for free.

if many people already willing to shoot for free, the organiser able to pick the best out of a big pool of photographers.

Since the organiser able to have constant supply of FREE and GOOD photographers, who need to hire a photographer?

when there is no prospect in this genre of photography, tell me who is the one suffer the most?

yup i agree. this is just clearly making use of people. the carrot dangled is the "Media Pass"

yup i agree. this is just clearly making use of people. the carrot dangled is the "Media Pass"

Hi all, pls dont get me wrong, i'm not an event organiser trying to get free photography service. I'm asking this because this is the term given by a local organisation, if you wish to get the media pass for some event coverage. Personally I dont feel good about it, not to say I'm a good photographer but I still like the idea of owning the photos I took.

Hi all, pls dont get me wrong, i'm not an event organiser trying to get free photography service. I'm asking this because this is the term given by a local organisation, if you wish to get the media pass for some event coverage. Personally I dont feel good about it, not to say I'm a good photographer but I still like the idea of owning the photos I took.

don't worry. i didn't mistake u for the organisation fishing for freebies.

i am sure there are plenty of amateurs who are more than willing to do it for the media pass cos it does give the average person more opportunities to shoot at events that is not accessible to the public.

I have no problems with giving up photo rights if I get paid.

Media pass means nothing. Just means you get to work for free.

For people who want the experience to build portfolio, what portfolio can you show if you are required to hand over all photos and own nothing at the end of it all?

Work for free for nothing and get nothing in the end. Still have to fork out transportation, water, food and sweat.

No thanks.

Actually thinking about it, i might do it if they provide all the equipment, supply transportation, beverages and a buffet thrown in, and a nice seat with tripod covering zone shooting. And no expectation whatsoever in quality of work.

Pay peanuts got monkeys.

Anson said:
Sound like YOG.... wait... I think you get a certificate after that right? :think:

I rather print my own certificates and stay home and watch it on TV. Wait, I did not even watch it on TV. LOL.

See those guys shoot on the ball from a cage with expensive gear for nothing. While some others I know just walk around relac and cover zone from the field or media booth with Aircon and get paid. LOL.

Nothing is free.... they give me free pass sure... i probably give them photos with head chop off, overexposed or macro shot of my toes.

what will become of the photography industry in the future? i really wonder...

sometimes cheap does not mean good.