Media Merger?

Do you want the 2 TV stations to merge?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont really care but merging is always about money lah...if merge...then what the hack...our local papers are merging too...we are all merging...to save cost. *duh

Do not matter lah...

As the begining of the "Romance of the three kingdoms" says, "Separate for long time will merge, merge for a long time will separate..."
Let's see when they will split again... ha ha ha...

I think in the news on TV few days back when they annouced the merger, they claimed that they will not merge the 2 stations into 1? :dunno: Anyway I don't really bother as I watch TV once in a blue moon. The shows are crappy anyway. ;p

Drudkh said:
I think in the news on TV few days back when they annouced the merger, they claimed that they will not merge the 2 stations into 1? :dunno: Anyway I don't really bother as I watch TV once in a blue moon. The shows are crappy anyway. ;p

The 2 stations will still be there but the management and the admin staff will be one, thus meaning that a whole lot of staff might be retrenched, if not how to save costs?

:(

The most interesting part is while the 2 stations merged, other GLCs such as SIA, SATS, etc... are planning to have retrenchment exercises. So what does it mean? Think over it. :(

Sad to see the merger ... imo there'll be less competition and more importantly, job loss! However, it'll be better for them to find ways to stem the loss which they have been making ... no point to see both of them suffer in the long run ...

actaully each station got some strengths over the other, i hope thatall the strenghts can merry in good fashion, but the retrechment thing is going to be tough and bitter because many left the each station to join the rival company. There may be some fear factor for even the best talents in the company will be retenched as loyalty is perferred.

Last time new station comes, everyone say good for competition.

Now merge, everyone say save cost.

Do wad they want, juz dun scrap my Channel U can liao. :D

jsbn said:
Do wad they want, juz dun scrap my Channel U can liao. :D

yes, I support u...
do whatever they want... but don't 'kill' channel U

icer said:
The 2 stations will still be there but the management and the admin staff will be one, thus meaning that a whole lot of staff might be retrenched, if not how to save costs?

having same management = the same crap on both station.
when both station lose $$$ = f**k up management skill and advertising skill.

imho, they should axe-off the management and advertising prople(they are the one taking high pay and doing the wrong thing), and not the artise.

Give me back my original Channel U!!!!!!

coldman said:
having same management = the same crap on both station.
when both station lose $$$ = f**k up management skill and advertising skill.

imho, they should axe-off the management and advertising prople(they are the one taking high pay and doing the wrong thing), and not the artise.

Give me back my original Channel U!!!!!!

Wow, so many channel U lovers here just like me.

Yes, I also think that they had certainly created a creative media industry for the past 4 years and they are really great with such a small pool of personnel. They also had less losses than Mediacorp.

I just hope that all the artistes in Channel U will be continued to be given chances in their creative talents. :thumbsup:

oh well. singapore's too small for such unnecessary competitions lar. seriously. the market's too small. :cool: well, both ways are just good things for the consumers - us lor... :cool: can see lots more innovations and creative ideas mah...

Sad lah.

I think it's really a sad thing for those Channel i staff as they still do not know the fate of their channel yet and they are supposedly the better news station.

Am sure Mediacorp will not take in all the staff, probably just the top 10%, cream of the crop lor.

And where else can they go now that there is only one station so as to speak? Go RTM huh?

hong kong is also small, but they have 3-4 ststion if i am not wrong, how do they survive? put it this way, i think mediacorp and SPH are incapable that all. Unecessary competition? I am sick of Zoe Tay and Fann Wong, they are on the TV for decades.....

ahbeng said:
hong kong is also small, but they have 3-4 ststion if i am not wrong, how do they survive? put it this way, i think mediacorp and SPH are incapable that all. Unecessary competition? I am sick of Zoe Tay and Fann Wong, they are on the TV for decades.....

Hong Kong TV station have a lot of problem too. There were retrenchment in HK TV station. Recently, a HK big station retrench about 100 staffs and more to come. :(

As consumers, we are now left with fewer choices and the threat of lower quality of programmes and news..think thats gd?? no way man.. only with choices will we be better exposed to ideas and experiences.. and for the content providers, ie, the media, only thru competition will there be improvement..

kinda f***-up cuz a few years back they wanna liberalise media in sg, and now, becuz of financial losses, they wanna revoke the liberalisation policy and merge the 2 companies.. guess this truly reflects singaporean's kiasu and kiasee mentality..

economy back to normal = 2 TV stations merging + SIA, SATS, etc... are planning to have retrenchment exercises.......????? :dunno:

I love channel U :heart:
Hope that channel U can be kept even after merge
If not my heart will be :bheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.